Open up Utilities > Cakewalk Plugin Manager
VST Audio FX > TH3 > Click Plugin Properties
Click Configure as Synth
Put it on a track.
Save the project.
Close the project.
Open the project.
Delete TH3 from the track.

Sonar Hangs indefinitely until you end task on it.
2015/11/23 23:05:01
gswitz
I had a great night playing TH3 as a regular VST. I did not have any luck with the midi mapping stuff and the smart slots are all gone. I'm not sure it's going to work with my expression pedal anymore.
2015/11/24 06:22:30
gswitz
I have not been successful at using ACT with TH3.
2015/11/24 06:27:56
gswitz
I give a word of caution on TH3.

It's seems buggy.

Sonar hangs all the time.

Freezes.

Could just be me.

But...

I find myself unable to open preferences in a project that has only TH3 and Rapture Pro. Who's to blame?

On a project with only TH3, Sonar volume output suddenly fails completely, even for pre-recorded audio.

Still messing around, but finding it not quite ready for sale.

I can't use midi controllers with TH3.

2015/11/24 06:33:53
gswitz
Another example...

In trying to repeat issues I opened Sonar to new project... 1 track... only TH3 on it.

Experience Th3 > Clean - Rock Cln Preset

Turn off Metronome, hit record.

Open Looper using the looper button.

Pull a string on the guitar and click record on the looper.

After a few seconds hit stop...

Sound stops in Sonar as if you are getting the Rapture Pro Silent Treatment. It never returns without restarting Sonar.

I'm getting frustrated. Maybe it's Sonar? Idk. I've had no fun playing music this morning.

2015/11/24 06:43:06
Richard Cranium
Not using Sonar, but TH3 is working completely fine for me. Studio One and Reaper, no issues what so ever.
2015/11/24 07:45:26
Lord Tim
From the limited playing around I did with it today, it seems pretty stable on my system too but I'll dig a bit further before I drop any money on the full version I think.
2015/11/24 19:05:36
gswitz
Could be me. I'll call support.

%appdata%\Cakewalk\SONAR Platinum\MiniDumps\Plugins

No minidumps are being created here.
2015/11/25 03:57:29
Leee
I've been having crashing issues with TH3 too. Using it with Sonar Platinum.  Anytime TH3 is active, I'll open a project, and the first thing I notice is the audio engine stops right after Sonar loads the project.  So I'll restart the audio engine, press play, and after a minute or so Sonar completely freezes up, and I have restart it.
I'm wondering if it's because I have TH2 and TH2 Producer installed with it? (but not running at the same time)   I'll have to try uninstalling the previous versions and see if it makes a difference.
Otherwise I like the interface much better than TH2, and the efx sound good (when I can get it to work).
2015/11/25 05:14:52
jerrydf
I seem to have the same as Leee.  I still have TH2 installed, I'll see if uninstalling TH2 makes a difference.  I've contacted Overloud tech support, no response yet.
Basically, anything with TH3 (even a new project, just a few tracks with no clips, just TH3 plugins) will cause the audio engine to stop. Just about any activity will freeze Sonar (Platinum, was Jamaica Plain, now Kingston).
TH3 on its own, outside Sonar looks impressive, and worth the upgrade ... IF it works in Sonar.

jdf
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account