2017/07/15 22:39:27
polarbear
So after 3 days of reinstalling stuff, I think I'm down to my last issue.

I installed UVI Falcon, the .dll is in my vsts folder, but it doesn't show up in Sonar Platinum. Can't figure out why. It runs in standalone fine. I also have UVI Workstation and that shows up in Sonar. Falcon used to show up on my old setup. It's just not there when I go to plugin manager. The folder that the .dll is in is definitely being scanned (it's in my main /program files/cakewalk/vst plugins folder).

Any ideas?
2017/07/15 23:06:31
scook
Check the VSTi/VST3i excluded lists. If it is in there, enable it.
2017/07/15 23:07:37
polarbear
Thanks Scook but yep, checked in there too. So weird.
2017/07/15 23:09:55
scook
They may have failed on scan. If they work after being enabled you are good to go. If not they need to be scanned again.
---
Probably misread your reply.
You can create a scan log by holding the SHIFT key while clicking the scan button in Preferences. This may give you some info. VST reset is an option too.
2017/07/15 23:14:10
interpolated
Some plug-ins need to re-register through their installer. So my guessing would be you just need to reinstate the plug-in again to ensure it's working as expected. Weirdly enough, I never had to reinstall any plug-ins last time. Well a couple of Sonar things like Drum Replacer and Engineering FX.

2017/07/15 23:17:24
TheSteven
If it failed a previous scan it may have gotten marked as bad - if so then it will be ignored in future scans unless you go into the VST Settings and check 'Scan Failed Plug-ins" box before next scan. 
Don't remember if the box unchecks itself after the next scan so check back and uncheck it if it doesn't.
2017/07/16 03:29:01
Zo
polarbear
So after 3 days of reinstalling stuff, I think I'm down to my last issue.

I installed UVI Falcon, the .dll is in my vsts folder, but it doesn't show up in Sonar Platinum. Can't figure out why. It runs in standalone fine. I also have UVI Workstation and that shows up in Sonar. Falcon used to show up on my old setup. It's just not there when I go to plugin manager. The folder that the .dll is in is definitely being scanned (it's in my main /program files/cakewalk/vst plugins folder).

Any ideas?

Try simply to cut past it on a place not scanned ..scann again , it will unregister it from registry , then close sonar , put it back and rescan ...it done the truick for me several time
2017/07/16 16:18:41
polarbear
removing the file from the vstplugins folder, rescanning, then putting the file back in the vstplugins folder and scanning again made it work! thank you Zo.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account