2011/07/19 15:24:06
Shayne White
I just installed Beatscape 1.0.2 that came with Sonar 8.5.2...it seems pretty cool, except that I'm getting terrible performance problems. When I trigger individual slices through MIDI or with the on-screen keyboard, I get all kinds of pops and clicks -- really horrible, obvious ones! It's especially bad when I repeat slices. I can do this kind of thing with Dr. Rex in Reason, and it works fine. Is there a fix for it or something?

Thanks,

Shayne
2011/07/20 10:05:19
Fog
assuming your using a decent sound card , up your asio buffer. reason is far more forgiving with regard to onboard soundcards.. I prefer using RXP to beatscape.
2011/07/21 11:06:21
JazzSinger
My experience exactly.

I gave up on Beatscape entirely and just work with sfz drum sets in Dimension Pro.
2011/07/22 19:58:28
fresh101
Yeah I reported this problem years ago. Loops work fine but the slices have pops and clicks when played rapidly . Especially on slices with long decays like 808 bass drums. The same files would play fine in Rxp, dropzone and dimension pro.

4 different sound-cards, 3 different OS's, 5 different daw's, 3 version of Sonar and still the same problem.

I liked Beatscape a lot but this made it almost unusable for me. I use the beatscape library with Uvi-workstation instead.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account