2011/07/01 11:45:24
Andrew Rossa
We have posted a new Z3TA+ 2 promotional video on our YouTube page. This is just a sneak preview of some of the new features with more to be announced later on.

Watch the video
2011/07/01 14:41:01
Pokeyoats
WOOT!! WOOT!! WOOT!!

It looks AWESOME!!
2011/07/11 22:41:57
justintonation
Oh nooo :( I was planning on buying Z3ta+2 as soon as it comes out. But not anymore. It does not support microtuning anymore!!! AAARGHGHGH Cakewalk, how can you do this?? Z3ta+ supports microtuning. Why delete this feature? It is a completely essential feature for all microtonalists. I even chose Cakewalk Sonar because your instruments support microtuning. This is so sad :(
2011/07/12 09:17:38
vaisvil
I was planning on buying Z3TA+ 2 also - but will not be since the microtonal capability has been stripped out of it.

Cakewalk seems to be going backwards - after the hugely successful 8.5 upgrade features started to be removed in version X1 of Sonar producer and now Z3TA+ 2. This is all very sad. 

I compose 1 to a half dozen compositions a day using cakewalk products. I'd hate to have to change my DAW but losing microtonal support is a real deal breaker. Losing the "paint with pattern" in piano roll view was bad enough. It sounds like a manager got in the decision making process who's concern is short term profit instead of continuing the tradition of making a quality software tool for creating artistic work.

Chris Vaisvil

2011/07/15 19:48:21
Kev999
Does Z3ta+2 replace Z3ta+ and overwrite it when installed?  Or it is treated as a separate softsynth?

2011/07/16 05:38:31
LHousehold
It's definitely a different softsynth altogether. Not an 'update', although I don't know if we are now expected to use both or give up our old one or what. Now that I think of it, softsynth 'sequels' are not too common. This is more like the way getting a new hardware synth would be. Strange. I imagine Cakewalk intends this to be an upgrade, but the first z3ta+ has such a following they don't want to change it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account