• Software
  • Anybody have a voyetra sequencer ? (p.3)
2007/01/16 23:36:09
Jim Wright
Hi Bruce!

Long time!! Yup, I'm your former evil cohort! Great to run across you!

I tried to PM you, but you don't have PM enabled in your profile.
So - please PM me, and let's catch up. (You have to use your Inbox to send me a PM, which is a bit wacky.)

All the best,

Jim
2007/01/16 23:43:17
daveny5
Oh, how absence makes the heart grow fonder . Let's wax nostalgic.... no let's not.

Believe me I wouldn't trade my Sonar Producer for any of the old crappy programs I've used in the past. I had Personal Composer and an early Roland product (I forget the name), Power Tracks Pro (which I still use) and then I switched to Cakewalk version 1.2. None of those compare in power and ease of use to any Cakewalk product.
2016/02/03 17:08:30
chrisnova777
bbach: do u still have the yamaha c1 computer? are u interested in selling it?
2016/02/03 18:47:32
rivers88
chrisnova777
bbach: do u still have the yamaha c1 computer? are u interested in selling it?

You did notice that post was made in 2006, right? 
2016/02/03 20:57:22
kitekrazy1
I had (still do) Voyetra DOP.  It will not run on any OS past W2k. 
2016/02/03 21:06:00
microapp
I had Sequencer Plus Gold. (or Gold Plus). It loaded the GEM OS on top of DOS and then ran in that.
Looked like an early MAC type OS. Ran on an 16Mhz? 8088 PC (IBM-XT)I built. 20MB HDD, 1MB RAM. Had to be '90-92. I think I may still have the floppys.

2016/02/03 21:45:10
Snehankur
Susan G
HI Carlos-
P.S. Anybody for a 320KB floppy?

Don't get me started on 5-1/4" floppies! You wouldn't like me if I got started on 5-1/4" floppies!

-Susan

Wish I kept some of those "Floppy", I could have shown to  my daughter who has seen only pictures of...

2016/02/03 22:11:32
microapp
I found some 8" floppys a few years ago. THey looked like something you would find at a novelty store. I built an S-100 Z-80 system that ran CPM in the late 80's. The floppys were from that. I think they stored 100 KB per side. I wish I had a photo of the actual drives. I have seen mini-desktops that were smaller.
2016/02/03 22:54:03
bbach
I saw this post and thought to myself," oh there's somebody else that wants to convert old SP Gold files. " Then I opened the post and realized that I was the original poster. Wow, ten years ago. I must have decided that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze . I'm not sure if I chucked the Yamaha computer or not. I'll have to look up in the attic. Trying to get all this stuff working still dominates my thoughts and energy. Sometimes I think I should curse the day that I wandered into that music store and saw that Akai S900 30 years ago. I thought " If I had one of those, I could rule the world."
2016/02/04 10:34:15
chrisnova777
rivers88: yes i did, but i also saw that the original poster was ONLINE at the time that i was responding.. so i knew he was still an active member on the site.

im trying to find voyetra version 4.11 - the version posted publicly by turtlebeach is version 4.10 which is NOT the final version - version 4.11 had updates to its drivers that enabled you to use more complicated combinations of midi hardware interfaces, which is exactly what im trying to do, in order to get more than 32 or 48 channels of midi out of the app..

in order for me to be successfull in doing this i need a copy of the installers of the final 4.11 version.
see my post here:  
the information im referring to i found in this documentation:

and this text file:

where it says "To get this to work with Sequencer Plus, you must obtain SP version 4.11 or higher, which will have an install explicitly for this."

frustrating that turtlebeach makes it FREEWARE by posting it publicly.. but at the same time posts version 4.10 rather then the real final version v4.11 - im hoping this is an oversight + not an intentional kick to the face to people that want to use the sequencer for more then 1 or 2 midi ports out.

if anyone can help me find the installer disks id really appreciate it, i bought these ancient midi interfaces specifically for this purpose + ive actually put a bit of effort into figuring out how this works.. only to get stuck on having the wrong version of the app.

im running it on a 386 DX 40Mhz computer that i bought for about 20$
with a cardinal ISA VGA card.. an ISA Music Quest MQX-32 card, a parallel Music Quest 2PORTSE interface, i also have 2 ISA Roland host cards + roland MPU-401 break out boxes, and  1 ISA Roland MPU-IPC-T interface. i need version 4.11 of the installers to be able to have the SAPI driver to be able to install a 2nd midi interface to use in combination with the first. basically the way the drivers work is you launch an initial driver that is a VAPI driver and then you launch secondary addon drivers called SAPI drivers. version 4.11 has more SAPI drivers in the actual installer that i dont even have that i need to accomplish what im trying to do.

obviously i have other daw's and im doing this because its a challenge + information that was somewhat "lost in time"
my website oldschooldaw.com is all about finding abandoned + Lost information and making it available again.
if you can help me with my little quest to get my SPG working with more than 4 midi ports please msg me!!!!

ok the site keeps stripping my links ive tried to add to my post so im unable to link the information i was trying to link
thats unfortunate. its because i just signed up. i will add the links in a few days i guess

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account