• Software
  • I finally give up on IK Multimedia (p.10)
2016/03/24 18:00:14
IK_Multimedia
BassDaddy
If you can buy it in the Custom Shop you can use gear credits on sale or not. And you can use jam points. Unless they say they are not usable on a particular promotion. So, yes. But sometimes no. Maybe. Starting to understand the OP yet?

Since the change was made to allow JamPoints even on items that were on sale, it has been rare (I believe only once or twice if I forgot something?) that JamPoints were not usable on something we sell.

I definitely understand the OP and pointed out something they did not know - that there was the option to buy that very product with credit card/PayPal and without having to bother with Gear Credits.  So in that respect, yes I understand OP because they were unaware of a simpler way to make their purchase.  This information has been relayed in order to make sure that is more of a rare occurrence in the future.
2016/03/24 19:45:45
jbow
As for me it is just the fact that there is cash, jampoints, and gear credits involved that makes it confusing. I understand gear credits, spend your money now and buy more with it later. If jampoints could be applied to everything they would not be as confusing and I think that is probably a good answer. Just make everything apply to everything and it wont be so confusing. Jampoints=appreciation, discount for being a good customer. Gear Credits=money you buy so it will be worth more when you spend it. Cash=the balance. Allow everything to apply to everything and the problem will be solved. As it is, there is a feeling that IK is trying to confuse the customer. Now... I don't believe IK means to do that but the confusion makes it seem that way sometimes. I don't mean to slander or accuse, just point out how some may feel about it.
As far as the i"crap", I like the istuff. I believe that in the next 10 to 15 years there will be a mass move first to the laptop but then quickly to the tablet and phablet. The younger people will fully embrace making music on the iPad and iPhone before the older crowd. People who have been producing music for decades will stay with the desktop/laptop DAW but it WILL change! The tablets ten years from now will likely be something we cannot now imagine... or maybe it will be something in between but I am convinced that iAPPs are the future, like it or not.
YMMV.
IK certainly should smooth things out... IMO.

J

2016/03/24 22:45:16
BassDaddy
Fleer
Where did I leave my harpsichord?

I get it now. Lurch played a harpsichord. It took me about 24 hours. I can't remember the noose yet.
2016/03/24 23:29:25
Fleer
Always on a Wednesday :)
2016/03/24 23:31:33
Fleer
Mesh
Yes, speedos definitely won't cut it......it's currently 75F here, and Florida isn't what its cracked up to be.

It's dynamite season over here.
2016/03/25 07:38:34
BassDaddy
It sure is Pugsly.

2016/03/25 08:51:35
sharke
jbow
As for me it is just the fact that there is cash, jampoints, and gear credits involved that makes it confusing. I understand gear credits, spend your money now and buy more with it later. If jampoints could be applied to everything they would not be as confusing and I think that is probably a good answer. Just make everything apply to everything and it wont be so confusing. Jampoints=appreciation, discount for being a good customer. Gear Credits=money you buy so it will be worth more when you spend it. Cash=the balance. Allow everything to apply to everything and the problem will be solved. As it is, there is a feeling that IK is trying to confuse the customer. Now... I don't believe IK means to do that but the confusion makes it seem that way sometimes. I don't mean to slander or accuse, just point out how some may feel about it.
As far as the i"crap", I like the istuff. I believe that in the next 10 to 15 years there will be a mass move first to the laptop but then quickly to the tablet and phablet. The younger people will fully embrace making music on the iPad and iPhone before the older crowd. People who have been producing music for decades will stay with the desktop/laptop DAW but it WILL change! The tablets ten years from now will likely be something we cannot now imagine... or maybe it will be something in between but I am convinced that iAPPs are the future, like it or not.
YMMV.
IK certainly should smooth things out... IMO.

J

Yeah I have no problem with the "iCrap" either and feel that people who whine about it obviously haven't explored what you can do with it. Mobile devices are just mini computers and there is no reason you can't use them to make music on the go. And I absolutely love AmpliTube and ARC2, especially ARC2 which has transformed my whole audio listening experience from the ground up. The only problem I have with IK is the confusing purchase system which, regardless of the fact that you can bypass it and just purchase with a credit card, still envelopes the website in a thin cloud of confusion for me. I guess I'm a fan of keeping things simple wherever possible.
2016/03/29 16:48:43
bigcatt
After my gripes, I just wanted to say thanks for the free stuff and points/credits for the 20th anniversary. It made me get around to downloading TRacks and Amplitube. Lots of cool free stuff there.
2016/03/29 17:31:19
TheMaartian
Mesh
Yes, speedos definitely won't cut it......it's currently 75F here, and Florida isn't what its cracked up to be.

You wouldn't happen to remember Clearwater Beach's attempt a couple of decades ago to ban "anal cleft" on their beaches? That was hilarious!
2016/03/29 23:00:19
Fleer
Anal cleft. LOL!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account