• Software
  • I finally give up on IK Multimedia (p.3)
2016/03/20 14:53:42
thepianist65
I'm in my 60's. I can't remember how I used to buy things. Heck, sometimes I can't even remember What I just bought!  
2016/03/20 15:04:43
cclarry
IK_Multimedia
bitflipper
How one feels about IK's shopping experience may be a generational split. If you're over 40, most of your life's retail transactions have been simple: choose a product, hand over the money. No games.

Like most consumers, I prefer that model. It's worked for thousands of years, serving every market from Wal-Mart to your pot dealer to buying a book on Amazon. Vendors who think they can improve the process by re-inventing the wheel do so at their own peril.

...and that's why we offer that model too.  OP had the option to go the Stealth Limiter page, click "Buy Now" then checkout and get the serial.

AND with that option PAY MORE....always a great way to do business!!! 
2016/03/20 17:23:50
Grem
I can get on Amplitube as see what I own, all my products I purchased. I can aslo see what I don't own (which ain't much)

I can do the same on TrackS.

As far as the IK mobile products, I recommend them all the time. And from what I am gathering from people like the Pianist53, the mobile customers outweigh the older customers. Hence the reason (understandably) that they devote most of their resources to mobile development. The mobile customers are the existing customers!

The only thing I paid full price for was the Mesa collection. Due to my own neglect. In fact, if I had to give up all my Amplitube stuff and only keep one thing, it would be the Mesa stuff. Most of the other collections I have, and I have all the major stuff, I don't use. But I got them for almost nothing!! So no loss really.

And I have no problem buying from the custom shop with Gear Credit or Jam Points. But I did have to take a lesson on how to do it. (Thanks CW Forum!) And once I learned how to do it, I saw all of the instructions wrote exactly the way they told me to do it on IK website! Why didn't I see it before? IDK. That's part of the problem though.
2016/03/20 17:26:51
vintagevibe
IK_Multimedia
 OP had the option to go the Stealth Limiter page, click "Buy Now" then checkout and get the serial.

That would make it simpler.
2016/03/20 17:29:18
vintagevibe
Grem
And I have no problem buying from the custom shop with Gear Credit or Jam Points. But I did have to take a lesson on how to do it. (Thanks CW Forum!) And once I learned how to do it, I saw all of the instructions wrote exactly the way they told me to do it on IK website! Why didn't I see it before? IDK. That's part of the problem though.

I shouldn't have to jump through all of those hoops or search for instructions to make a purchase.
2016/03/20 17:33:23
vintagevibe
cclarry
IK_Multimedia

...and that's why we offer that model too.  OP had the option to go the Stealth Limiter page, click "Buy Now" then checkout and get the serial.

AND with that option PAY MORE....always a great way to do business!!! 

I don't really even mind that so much - let them make more money  .  I feel like I get their software at good prices in the end.  Just don't aggravate me in the process! 
2016/03/20 17:38:33
cclarry
The major advantage (to me) for buying from the Product Page,
as I stated before, is, if at some point you find you don't need, 
or aren't using it, or go out of business, you can sell (with the $19
fee of course)...but still...it just all seems like a "messy and dicey"
way to do business...
2016/03/20 20:27:24
vintagevibe
IK support just got back to me and fixed the problem.  Impressive support.  Still the process is way to complicated.
2016/03/20 22:50:32
Fleer
thepianist53
I'm in my 60's. I can't remember how I used to buy things. Heck, sometimes I can't even remember What I just bought!  

I can't even remember how old I am.

As for IK, not being able to see all my non-CustomShop purchases listed in my account where they belong, i.e. outside of any CustomShop reference, is what gets me.
2016/03/21 07:03:54
Grem
vintagevibe

I shouldn't have to jump through all of those hoops or search for instructions to make a purchase.

Agreed.

However, I did learn that I could save some money by going through that (somewhat confusing) process they have set up.

Fleer

As for IK, not being able to see all my non-CustomShop purchases listed in my account where they belong, i.e. outside of any CustomShop reference, is what gets me.

Not understanding you here Fleer.

I have stuff in both Amplitube and TrackS that I bought from outside the Custom shop and I can see everything I own.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account