• Software
  • I finally give up on IK Multimedia (p.4)
2016/03/21 07:10:57
ProjectM
I stoped with everything IK because of what the OP describes. I have much better things to waste my time on. Too bad because the products are ok. I can't be bothered with it any more. And I don't miss it.
2016/03/21 10:13:38
Hatstand
I also think the process of jumping from Custom shop to the website and having to login to see my current purchases and Jam points a slight pain, I think it would have been better to just have jam points as a set 1=1 value instead of the whole "no more than 30%" rule. The other bugbear is having to disable all the T-Racks plugs I don't have, to stop them showing up in the plugin browser.
I had a load of ST2 stuff and the original miroslav but the miroslav upgrade price seemed a little harsh to me so did not part with any dosh for it. Finally used some of my Jam points to get enough gear credits to buy something useful with the credits I had. I am now down to 5GC and around 20JP which will probably fade into the sunset over time.
The products themselves are nice enough though so can't fault them there.
2016/03/21 10:16:29
BassDaddy

"However, I did learn that I could save some money by going through that (somewhat confusing) process they have set up."
I like what Grem said. Though having been in sales I know you should never make it harder for people to give you their money. Have it in stock; make the sale. I only hope the IK guy doesn't argue with what he's hearing. If a certain percentage of people disposed to buy your product don't buy it or are unhappy because of a convoluted process then it's good business to try to get that percentage back in a buying mood again. It doesn't bother me with IK but I hate being a a store and the girl asks me if I have their rewards card and wants to tell me about it. This reminds me of a pretty funny time at check out. My dad was still around and he like the prunes in a glass jar and no stores around there are had them. He found a store that did have them and asked me to go there and ask for the manager and get 2 cases of stewed prunes. It didn't seem like it would be a problem but when I went through  check out with 24 bottles of stewed prunes the young girl and her young guy bagger started laughing. I tried to explain they were for my dad but I don't believe I made any converts. I walked out of that store as the most constipated person any of them had or ever would meet. In there eyes. They were for my dad. Really.
2016/03/21 10:33:58
yorolpal
Sure they were;-)

2016/03/21 10:40:27
Mesh
BassDaddy

It doesn't bother me with IK but I hate being a a store and the girl asks me if I have their rewards card and wants to tell me about it. This reminds me of a pretty funny time at check out. My dad was still around and he like the prunes in a glass jar and no stores around there are had them.

IK's selling prunes? When's the Group Buy?

2016/03/21 11:15:35
Grem
yorolpal

Sure they were;-)

Mesh

LMAO!!!
2016/03/21 11:40:03
Pragi
I have to agree the op´s criticism on Ik´s
bying and installation routines.
That already took too much hours of
my valueable freetime,sometimes that´s  labourious, specially the installation process.
But to be fair, the quality of the Fx and Vst(i)is really good (I like amplitube and the tape echo ),
the customer support quick and the prices compared to 
competitor´s OK.

2016/03/21 11:49:27
KingsMix
I hear your pain , but they have great products.
2016/03/21 12:05:21
IK_Multimedia
Mesh

We have them regularly.  *rimshot*
2016/03/21 12:54:04
sharke
I have to say I find the whole IK "system" convoluted and overly complicated too. You should never have to once think "what's going on here?" when purchasing something from a site. You should never find yourself in a maze of pages and logins or wonder whether or not you've actual bought something.

Too many companies go nuts with their own quirky "proprietary" purchase and installation systems and I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them over at HQ, however many of these systems just leave the customers scratching their heads and wondering whether it might just be a lot easier to buy the equivalent product from another company, one which just lets you purchase and download in a couple of clicks. Look at how many people post frustrated pleas for help in installing Waves stuff.

When claiming my free compressor from IK recently I found myself going around in circles for ages before I finally worked out how to get it. Not a good experience. And then I didn't like how it installed the whole T-Racks kaboodle in demo mode, thereby taking over the whole "T" section of my plugin list. I had to manually delete all those other plugins, not good at all.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account