• Software
  • I finally give up on IK Multimedia (p.5)
2016/03/21 13:42:03
jude77
sharke

When claiming my free compressor from IK recently I found myself going around in circles for ages before I finally worked out how to get it. Not a good experience. And then I didn't like how it installed the whole T-Racks kaboodle in demo mode, thereby taking over the whole "T" section of my plugin list. I had to manually delete all those other plugins, not good at all.

I'm with Sharke on that one. 
And like others here, yeah, I find check out a pain. 
2016/03/21 14:08:22
cclarry
IK_Multimedia
Mesh
IK's selling prunes? When's the Group Buy?

We have them regularly.  *rimshot*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 
2016/03/21 14:21:19
BobF
sharke
I have to say I find the whole IK "system" convoluted and overly complicated too. You should never have to once think "what's going on here?" when purchasing something from a site. You should never find yourself in a maze of pages and logins or wonder whether or not you've actual bought something.

Too many companies go nuts with their own quirky "proprietary" purchase and installation systems and I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them over at HQ, however many of these systems just leave the customers scratching their heads and wondering whether it might just be a lot easier to buy the equivalent product from another company, one which just lets you purchase and download in a couple of clicks. Look at how many people post frustrated pleas for help in installing Waves stuff.

When claiming my free compressor from IK recently I found myself going around in circles for ages before I finally worked out how to get it. Not a good experience. And then I didn't like how it installed the whole T-Racks kaboodle in demo mode, thereby taking over the whole "T" section of my plugin list. I had to manually delete all those other plugins, not good at all.

I agree.  I just installed ATI2016 yesterday.  Every time I start it, I'm presented with a login prompt so I can have access to the cloud services I'm not subscribed to.  I should've stayed with Macrium ...

Point is that it seems every software vendor wants their software to have a place of supreme prominence (along with resource consumption) as if they aren't the very minor part of my overall system that they truly are.  Delusional Software?

I like my IKM stuff, but they do make it as intrusive as possible.  Maybe they think they can agitate us into making more purchases.

2016/03/21 14:39:07
IK_Multimedia
You can "purchase and download in a couple of clicks" through the IK web site or Custom Shop too.  I'll relay the confusion that is reported in this thread, though, so perhaps changes can be made if necessary for the users who find it confusing having the option to click "Buy Now" on the site or "Buy" inside Custom Shop.  We made a video about using Custom Shop a while back and it still should be pertinent but I will also have HQ review that video and see if there's a way to lay it out in even more simple terms.  Thank you for the input.
2016/03/21 14:45:24
BobF
IK_Multimedia
You can "purchase and download in a couple of clicks" through the IK web site or Custom Shop too.  I'll relay the confusion that is reported in this thread, though, so perhaps changes can be made if necessary for the users who find it confusing having the option to click "Buy Now" on the site or "Buy" inside Custom Shop.  We made a video about using Custom Shop a while back and it still should be pertinent but I will also have HQ review that video and see if there's a way to lay it out in even more simple terms.  Thank you for the input.

I find this incredibly arrogant:

"... so perhaps changes can be made if necessary for the users who find it confusing having the option to click "Buy Now" on the site or "Buy" inside Custom Shop ..."

"... I will also have HQ review that video and see if there's a way to lay it out in even more simple terms ..."

2016/03/21 15:59:18
IK_Multimedia
That wasn't the intent, I was merely stating how the processes work (as that is how you purchase gear from IK) in the same sentence as I expressed the sincere intent to relay your concerns.  I've been polite throughout the thread and accommodating to the criticism.  Sorry that certain wording offended you and that the "compacting" of my post made it read more curtly than intended and made it sound a certain way to you - it wasn't my intent as I move through many forums to post rather quickly sometimes it slips my mind that tone and such are not reflected properly via text.
2016/03/21 16:11:27
IK_Multimedia
Also - since the free gear deal for our 20th gear is still going on, and there was some confusion there, here are the instructions from the 20th Anniversary page and if these steps don't work, please let support know:

This giveaway is valid through March 31. To get your gear all you have to do is:
  • Launch either AmpliTube Custom ShopSampleTank Custom Shop or T-RackS Custom Shop
  • Then click on either "GEAR" or "SOUNDS" and then click "Restore my gear" or "Restore my sounds"
  • (note the "all you have to do" part is quoted from the page, and I did not write that so please do not be offended by it)
    2016/03/21 16:42:44
    BobF
    IK_Multimedia
    That wasn't the intent, I was merely stating how the processes work (as that is how you purchase gear from IK) in the same sentence as I expressed the sincere intent to relay your concerns.  I've been polite throughout the thread and accommodating to the criticism.  Sorry that certain wording offended you and that the "compacting" of my post made it read more curtly than intended and made it sound a certain way to you - it wasn't my intent as I move through many forums to post rather quickly sometimes it slips my mind that tone and such are not reflected properly via text.

Fair enough.  I do appreciate your participation here.
    2016/03/21 23:45:28
    Fleer
    cclarry
    IK_Multimedia
    Mesh
    IK's selling prunes? When's the Group Buy?

We have them regularly.  *rimshot*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 

I'm with you, L.
    Too many prunes being (t)rimmed :)
    2016/03/22 00:03:58
    bigcatt
    They seem like really nice people who have business practices that just seem intended to offend.
    Let's release ST3 with terrible orchestral samples and them release Miro 2 with better samples.
    Let's do a buy one get x free and add the good instruments late in the sale to screw the people who already chose their instruments.
    Let's have several seemingly incompatible ways to buy our stuff with each having an incompatible rewards system.
    Let's have the rewards system cover 30% of the price max and not apply to sales.
    I don't think any of it is intentional and in my communications they are always civil even when I'm not, just so many strange business decisions from the consumers perspective.
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account