• Software
  • I finally give up on IK Multimedia (p.8)
2016/03/23 13:53:40
Mesh
bigcatt
But can you use gear credits on group buys or other sales?

The purchase thing is so convoluted, it's hard to tell........I keeed....I keeed....

I believe you can use gear credits on GB's and other sales, but not Jampoints or Jampoints WITH gear credits.
2016/03/23 15:05:33
robbyk
Mesh and Bass Daddy, thanks for charting a course for me, very helpful!
2016/03/23 15:24:32
BassDaddy
If you can buy it in the Custom Shop you can use gear credits on sale or not. And you can use jam points. Unless they say they are not usable on a particular promotion. So, yes. But sometimes no. Maybe. Starting to understand the OP yet?
2016/03/23 16:40:32
robbyk
BassDaddy
If you can buy it in the Custom Shop you can use gear credits on sale or not. And you can use jam points. Unless they say they are not usable on a particular promotion. So, yes. But sometimes no. Maybe. Starting to understand the OP yet?

Actually I'm getting dizzy, and starting to chase my tail...
2016/03/23 17:02:50
bapu
robbyk
BassDaddy

You're a full fledged member of the IK club now.
2016/03/23 17:19:10
bitflipper
Don't tell him that, Ed. Many of us have been sucked into the rabbit hole already, but Robby, it's not too late for you!

Seriously, I've been quite happy with most of my IKM purchases. For that matter, I've also been happy with my Waves and Native Instruments purchases, too. I'll likely continue to be a customer for at least two of those. But none are my first choice, for reasons that have nothing to do with product quality.
2016/03/23 17:55:27
BassDaddy
bigcatt
But can you use gear credits on group buys or other sales?

Yes, but only if the sale includes items that can be bought in the Custom Shop. Gear Credits can only be used in the Custom Shop. Like right now, the new Mastering Console is not a Custom Shop item so you can't use Gear Credits on it. But you can use Jam Points to reduce your price. And it is on a low introductory price.
2016/03/23 21:31:33
robbyk
bapu
robbyk
BassDaddy

You're a full fledged member of the IK club now.

Whoo hoo!!!
2016/03/23 21:32:37
robbyk
bitflipper
Don't tell him that, Ed. Many of us have been sucked into the rabbit hole already, but Robby, it's not too late for you

D'oh!!!
2016/03/23 23:14:54
lawajava
I just had a great IK Multimedia purchasing experience today.  I decided to finally go for the Mesa Boogie collection. By the time I added in Jam points and some credits they put in my account and some other discounts it seems like I ended up paying less than $70 for it and ended up with a few stomps to boot.  Checkout process was smooth.

I was grateful.  I was thinking I was committing to like $120 going in, and came out well ahead of my expectations.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account