• Software
  • Tomorrow Mixbus 32C V4 should arrive. (p.5)
2017/05/01 19:05:44
Leadfoot
bapu
I shared my views on this appalling upgrade pricing policy HERE.

Thanks Bapu.
2017/05/01 20:05:16
JonD
Thanks, Ed.

I don't believe they're trying to screw anyone over -- likely they just didn't give it much thought.

Of course, in the end it doesn't matter if there's this whole side discussion going on among users who feel put off for being charged more than others. 

IMO they should offer one upgrade price during a specified time window (at least a month or two), then when that expires, the price goes up.  That way the onus is on the user to upgrade in a reasonable length of time. 

Well, all we can do is wait and see how this plays out....
2017/05/01 20:05:29
bapu
Leadfoot
bapu

Thanks Bapu.

I does what I can.

BTW, did you notice that 32C V4 has Faderport 8 support? I cannot remember if MB4 has it (I can't see why not, but then again....)
2017/05/01 20:09:14
bapu
JonD
Well, all we can do is wait and see how this plays out....

Yup, we'll see.

I'm happy with my deal as a Plugged-In Member.
2017/05/01 20:27:46
Leadfoot
bapu
Leadfoot
bapu

Thanks Bapu.

I does what I can.

BTW, did you notice that 32C V4 has Faderport 8 support? I cannot remember if MB4 has it (I can't see why not, but then again....)

Yep, I saw that. That's awesome. I still haven't decided if I wanna make the jump to FP8 or not. It looks really nice though.
2017/05/01 20:54:36
kennywtelejazz
bapu
kennywtelejazz
...since it hasn't even been released ..

It's released Kenny. You just haven't got your email yet. IIRC they go out in batches throughout the day.

Hey thanks Ed . I hadn't joined the plugin membership so I have a feeling that it might be a number of days before I know what it would cost me to upgrade ...
...Sure would like to find out since I have a very rare thing going on ...I have the bucks to swing a reasonable upgrade price from Mixbus 4 to Mixbus 32C V4 ...I won't touch it if it like 3 bills ..a bill and low change yeah

Kenny
2017/05/01 20:58:44
Jeff Evans
Faderport 8 is real nice with Studio One as well so if you are a Studio One and Mixbus user it is a very good choice. Harrison have integrated it well it seems.

I will hold off for the moment on 32C being pretty involved with Mixbus anyway and have plenty to go on with especially with ver 4 and all.  Having 32C V3 is a great way to get into it too I am finding.  I am sure they will make it tempting again at some point to upgrade 32C V4. 

Being in the monthly club is a good idea especially for those who are using it on a pretty regular basis.  I am not at present, mainly only for mastering and some stem mixing.  Mixbus is handling that real nice for me now anyway.  I can see why many seem to like it.  It is nice to use.  It is worth the money I agree.  If I suddenly get flush I will get it anyway!

It would be good to know what doing a full project start to finish is like on Mixbus. I am not at that point right now but some here maybe. 
2017/05/01 20:59:02
kennywtelejazz
cclarry
If you follow this link you can still buy 32C Version 3.7 for $99

http://harrisonconsoles.u...3a56d&e=f8c678508a

That is a very good deal as it is ...with V4 right around the corner I wonder how much more it would cost to get V4 after laying out the $99 .00 ?

Kenny
2017/05/01 21:00:33
Jeff Evans
Ver 4 is here now and it is an extra $129 US
2017/05/01 21:04:36
bapu
kennywtelejazz
cclarry
If you follow this link you can still buy 32C Version 3.7 for $99

http://harrisonconsoles.u...3a56d&e=f8c678508a

That is a very good deal as it is ...with V4 right around the corner I wonder how much more it would cost to get V4 after laying out the $99 .00 ?

Kenny

Based on what I see, V4 will be $129 if you buy V3 @ $99.

BTW Kenny 32C V4 is out for everyone but you need to get your email with your price if you are a previous 32C V3 owner (which you're not). Now, maybe they will be sending out emails for the MB4 owners next with their upgrade price to 32C V4.

Hard to say if 32C @ $99 is you best route, but I suspect that by the time you (MB4 owners) know their upgrade price that 32C V3 $99 link will be long gone.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account