• Software
  • Tomorrow Mixbus 32C V4 should arrive. (p.6)
2017/05/01 21:43:01
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
bapu
I shared my views on this appalling upgrade pricing policy HERE.

Thanks for your support even being on v4 yourself already.

I emailed and quickly got a reply similar to the one posted here - yet different wording, so someone is still typing ... Not an "upgrade complaint answering bot" at work but they may need one as the number of complaints in this and other forums grew so quickly ....

Well, I read again in detail what v4 offers. It looks nice but mixbus to me is still an alternative DAW that I do couple things in occasionally. So I might hold off for a while ...

BTW so far I was not aware that you cannot pan sends differently - so IMHO this is an important fix rather than a new cool development. Bus width I can do with plugs (isn't there even a free one from BOZ Millar?) ... LUA I don't care about ... What I do care about would be remote control. Now there is faderport8 which I won't buy cause I got something way better integrated with Sonar but in Mixbus it only runs off the Mackie protocol which according to manual is the same as v3 (i.e. not finished, e.g. no access to plugins, outputs, etc)
2017/05/01 21:45:52
bapu
"If it's not one thing it's another" ~Rosanne Rosannadana
2017/05/01 21:57:01
kennywtelejazz
bapu
kennywtelejazz
cclarry
If you follow this link you can still buy 32C Version 3.7 for $99

http://harrisonconsoles.u...3a56d&e=f8c678508a

That is a very good deal as it is ...with V4 right around the corner I wonder how much more it would cost to get V4 after laying out the $99 .00 ?

Kenny

Based on what I see, V4 will be $129 if you buy V3 @ $99.

BTW Kenny 32C V4 is out for everyone but you need to get your email with your price if you are a previous 32C V3 owner (which you're not). Now, maybe they will be sending out emails for the MB4 owners next with their upgrade price to 32C V4.

Hard to say if 32C @ $99 is you best route, but I suspect that by the time you (MB4 owners) know their upgrade price that 32C V3 $99 link will be long gone.

Hi Ed , thanks for taking the time to explain it all too me ..
I guess right now for me "it's a want not a need"  ...
FWIW , I'm very happy with MB4 ...
If I have too on the price to upgrade .....I can wait it out

Kenny
2017/05/01 22:17:07
bapu
Ya, if MB4 does it for you there is no rush to go to 32C, IMO.
2017/05/02 12:21:57
Ham N Egz
Being a plug in member is not free only $9 a month but seems geard to plug ins and not the daws
2017/05/02 14:10:47
bapu
Ham N Egz
Being a plug in member is not free only $9 a month but seems geard to plug ins and not the daws

Incorrect, I did pay less than the lowest price offered to non-members for V4 of 32C.

2017/05/02 16:33:56
Ham N Egz
bapu
Ham N Egz

Incorrect, I did pay less than the lowest price offered to non-members for V4 of 32C.

Mixbus Plugged-In Membership:

The Mixbus membership provides these benefits:

* Immediate 50% discount on all plugins combined
  * 50% off all Harrison plugins ... present and future !
  * Monthly email updates, coupons, and special offers for Members only!
  * Special offers on Harrison rack gear & furniture

NOTE:  Individual plugins purchased at the same time as your membership
  automatically reflect the 50% discount. You will then receive a 50% discount
  coupon via email at the beginning of each following month of membership.

maybe because of that email you did , but if I am not interested in their plug ins and V4 is 30 dollars more then in 3 months I paid for plug in membership I buy v4 outright,, but the unknown is those "special" email  offers

2017/05/02 18:42:34
bapu
I've been a P-I Member for just about two years now. I've saved on MB3, MB4, 32C V3 and 32C V4 as well as 50% off of all their plugs. I saved considerably more than the $216 I spent on membership and the upgrade prices.

YMMV

Diff stroke for diff horses (as myolpal always sez, or duz hee?).

2017/05/02 20:23:29
cclarry
The upgrade price for owners of Mixbus 2/3 is $149...

Just got the email...
2017/05/02 20:42:51
Ham N Egz
cclarry
The upgrade price for owners of Mixbus 2/3 is $149...

Just got the email...

SO if you buy mb32 v 3 for $99 today and turn around and upgrade its $149 SO TOTAL cost is $249

is my arithmetic correct?

you still save $50
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account