• Software
  • Need help with East West Play 5.0 and Sonar Artist
2017/07/03 23:00:14
Purple Supernova
I'm a newbie.  I've hit a wall.  Any help appreciated!

The big picture is that I can't get the East-West sound libraries to record in Sonar Artist.

Here are the details:
  1. I can get my keyboard (Casio Previa px160) to play the East-West Play engine and East-West Composer Cloud sound libraries on my computer. (Intel i7, with two SSD drives, 16GB RAM, Win 10, 64 bit, ASIO4all ).   I can hear the libraries with my headphones (plugged in to the computer), and they sound excellent, with no skips, pops, etc. 
  2. However, I CANNOT get the libraries to play in Sonar Artist, using my keyboard as a trigger
  3. However, what I CAN do is open up the East-West Play Engine within Sonar Artist. (To load the Play engine in Sonar Artist, I click Insert/SoftSynth/East West/Play.)  And, I can produce sound -- but not by using my keyboard as a trigger.  Instead, to produce a sound, I have to mouseclick on a graphic representation of a keyboard in the Play Engine. Obviously, this is cumbersome and not acceptable. I need to be able to trigger sound using my keyboard, not by using mouse clicks.
I want to be able to record my music in Sonar Artist.

Any tips appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

All the best, James
2017/07/04 13:50:16
gustabo
Hit the input echo button on the track.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account