• Software
  • Amplitube 3 - Fender '63 reverb rack unit - major distortion
2017/06/28 15:47:04
sharke
Does anyone have this problem? I very rarely use the rack mounted Fender reverb, but I just tried it on a clean guitar sound and found that the sound it creates is horribly distorted and fizzy, almost like it's acting like a fuzz pedal. Gets worse the more you turn up the "dwell" knob. I don't recall it ever sounding like that before. Tried it with multiple amp types, all very clean tones, yet the reverb is basically full on distortion every time. 
2017/06/30 18:32:07
ampfixer
I'm not familiar with the plug, but in the real unit the Dwell control is affecting the gain of the circuit. A fender Champ and the reverb unit are essentially the same thing circuit wise. One drives a speaker and the other a reverb tank. The Garnet Hertzog that was made famous by the Guess Who in American Woman is also similar.

Perhaps parallel processing or reducing the input signal will help. 
2017/07/01 00:36:59
sharke
Funny thing is though, I don't seem to be able to dial in a reverb setting that doesn't sound horribly distorted, even with the dwell on low settings it's noticeable. And my input setting is quite moderate. Perhaps I'll try even lower. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account