2017/06/24 04:53:52
highlandermak
So I was wondering what your thoughts are on the best virtual drums. I have been using AD2 and have been very pleased however I know other use different products. What's your favorite virtual drum kit?
Thank you
2017/06/24 05:15:09
KingsMix
I think a lot of this depends on what type or general type of music you are making.
I have Superior drummer and EZ Drummer .  Superior , i feel is better for metal and raw rock. Although if that's all that you had, you could make it work in any genre. That being said though, I find that "for me" Addictive is the most versatile when it comes to genre shifting and morphing, takes some tweaking outside the general presets, but 99% of the time it's what works for me.
On a side note, I find myself quite a few times using high hats from Sonar Session Drummer.
Experiment and find out what best works for you. Addictive Drums, I find, are the most versatile, although you might have to delve into some additional drum packs to get rounded out.

2017/06/24 06:39:50
TheSteven
Don't let anyone fool you! This is what the pros are using:
Virtual_drums

2017/06/24 07:34:13
Glyn Barnes
BFD 3 is probably the best sounding and versatile IMHO

Toontrack's Superior is also very good, the workflow is a little easier for me.
2017/06/24 18:34:09
twaddle
TheSteven
Don't let anyone fool you! This is what the pros are using:
Virtual_drums

This is a joke right, please tell me you're not being serious?

Steve
2017/06/24 18:38:48
twaddle
BFD3 here, never really use much else.

Perhaps a little to deep for some peoples needs but for me it has the edge over all the others in most areas and as for being overly complex? Well it's only as complex as you want, or need it to be.

You can download and try a demo here, BFD3
It has limitations (obviously being a demo) like less velocity layers and less articulations and I think it's 16bit
but other than that it's pretty much fully functional without time limit.
Maybe one for the future and worth waiting for a 50% off sale which I think you missed back in April so maybe not till fall now.

Steve

2017/06/25 16:46:46
bapu
highlandermak
So I was wondering what your thoughts are on the best virtual drums. I have been using AD2 and have been very pleased however I know other use different products. What's your favorite virtual drum kit?
Thank you

I like them all (at least the ones I own).

Superior or BFD3 is I want to do a "from the ground up" approach. AD2, EZDrummer2 Steven Slate SSD4 if I want a polished sound.

With the exception of BFD3 I own all the available libs for all those drum products. There are some BFD3 libs that I'm not interested in or I'm just waiting on a sale for about three or four libs. I only own 26 libs for BFD3.

I also own Slate's Trigger2 and Drumagog 5 if I want to augment what I've done with the above libs or if I'm working with live drum tracks.
2017/06/25 16:53:40
cclarry
bapu
highlandermak
Thank you

I like them all (at least the ones I own).

Superior or BFD3 is I want to do a "from the ground up" approach. AD2, EZDrummer2 Steven Slate SSD4 if I want a polished sound.

With the exception of BFD3 I own all the available libs for all those drum products. There are some BFD3 libs that I'm not interested in or I'm just waiting on a sale for about three or four libs. I only own 26 libs for BFD3.

I also own Slate's Trigger2 and Drumagog 5 if I want to augment what I've done with the above libs or if I'm working with live drum tracks.

I got a rock 

2017/06/27 12:56:32
mudgel
If you want to use Virtual drums as if you recorded all the tracks yourself then Superior Drummer 2 from Toontrack.
If you want the sounds without all the work then use EZDrummer 2 also from Toontrack.
2017/06/27 13:29:58
Slugbaby
I have Addictive Drums and Superior Drummer.
AD is best for a quick go-to kit.  I like it because i can quickly get a decent preset.  I also like that you can purchase individual drums.
SD seems to have more in-depth versatility.  You can really get deep into the sound creation to produce a perfect drum sound.  It seems to mimic actually recording the drum kit better than AD.  However, the extra kit purchases are more expensive than AD.

I've been using SD for many years, but changed over to AD when I bought SPlat a couple of years ago.  I just bought a "master class" video series on Superior Drummer (from CreativeLive), and am most of the way through it.  Superior Drummer is a pretty amazing virtual drum program, and I'll be going back to that for the near future.  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account