2017/06/30 15:19:45
azslow3
Watching this thread I have downloaded BFD3 demo... Am I the only one who was shocked by the user interface since I have only seen Session Drummer and AD1/2 before?
2017/06/30 16:19:28
Glyn Barnes
azslow3
Watching this thread I have downloaded BFD3 demo... Am I the only one who was shocked by the user interface since I have only seen Session Drummer and AD1/2 before?

They certainly went for a minimalist approch graphically, dropping the photo realistic kits. Its very deep, lots of stuff is hidden.  Twaddle answered my latest question about the positioning of the ambiant mics here and I just discovered you can also route each set of ambiant mics to seperate channels in your DAW.

Good news is you can start out just using the presets without too much of a learning curve and work up to full control.
2017/06/30 19:26:54
twaddle
I wasn't keen of the new design at first either but really it's not a major issue for me, certainly, when weighed against it's features, and sounds, not one that would make me give it up for something inferior.
It was done partly to try and reduce load on your system as loading images each time you changed kit did have an impact and BFD3 was less taxing than BFD2.

I'd actually wanted it to change the image each time you loaded a new kit piece and I'm pretty sure none of the others can do that.

Steve
2017/06/30 20:21:46
yorolpal
gbowling
I find that it's not about the Virtual Drums, it's about the Virtual Drummer!

This.

PS: I still maintain that the best all rounder is still EZDrummer.  Great sounds, already moron proof processed (for the most part) and couldn't be easier to use.  YMMV.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account