• Software
  • Waves Central Issue....RESOLVED!
2017/06/26 13:01:23
Mesh
I was trying to install a couple of Waves plugins and did enter/register their serials at the Waves website. The problem I had was within Waves Central after clicking on Easy Install, selected the two plugins, and install.....I keep getting an error message stating there was a problem with the install and to contact Waves Support if the error continues (which I did do yesterday).

I also have a couple of other Waves plugins that were previously installed through WC and never did have any issues with the installation. Just checking in here if to see if anyone else has run into this or knows of a solution (not sure how good Waves support is). 
TIA

2017/06/26 13:10:01
cclarry
Mesh
I was trying to install a couple of Waves plugins and did enter/register their serials at the Waves website. The problem I had was within Waves Central after clicking on Easy Install, selected the two plugins, and install.....I keep getting an error message stating there was a problem with the install and to contact Waves Support if the error continues (which I did do yesterday).

I also have a couple of other Waves plugins that were previously installed through WC and never did have any issues with the installation. Just checking in here if to see if anyone else has run into this or knows of a solution (not sure how good Waves support is). 
TIA

Make sure you have the latest version of Waves Central

http://www.waves.com/downloads/central
2017/06/26 13:10:48
mudgel
Their support is excellent.
2017/06/26 13:53:27
Mesh
cclarry
Mesh

TIA

Make sure you have the latest version of Waves Central

http://www.waves.com/downloads/central

I should've mentioned that when running WC, it does look for an updated version and then I log into WC.....so, I "assumed" I didn't need to do anything there. My last resort was to uninstall/reinstall.....which I haven't done yet.

Thanks Mike.....good to know they're excellent.

2017/06/26 14:47:39
Marshall
+1 for excellent support. When I had an issue last year, they arranged to call me, took control of my pc and spent an hour sorting my problem out. All resolved.
2017/06/26 20:49:32
BassDaddy
Had the same thing Mesh. try to install again, then click on follow instructions to trouble shoot. Its in the error message. Go down to about the 5th thing to try. It tells you were to go to delete cache. Delete it and run it again. make sure all you plugs are in the cloud before you try and do Easy Install Activate. If I was at computer I would give you exact instructions but this should be good enough. It worked for me.
2017/06/27 10:32:39
interpolated
I had a similar issue with the cache which got resolved. In the end I just launch my licenses from a thumb drive, so I don't need to be online all of the time.

2017/06/27 11:01:55
mudgel
With this update because there was a new plugin added to Mercury I had to update it in my online account so the addition was reflected in the installer. I don't remember ever having to do this before.

When an update doesn't work for some reason

Before you reinstall always make sure to delete the folder

C:/User/YourUserName/Appdata/Local/WavesAudio

Reboot and then reinstall all your files.
2017/06/27 12:57:32
Mesh
Larry was right and thanks BassDaddy for those extra tips (was very helpful in sorting things out). I was running an older version of WC (even though the old installer was claiming to search for updates every time I ran it......not very intuitive).
I didn't have to delete the cache folder and I saw (within the WC) that it was installed. I did temporarily turn off some of the options in Windows Defender/Firewall etc... (per Waves suggestions) when running the installer.

However, I noticed during the installation process (on the older version as well as the newer) that it was locking up/slowing down/generally not being able to access other apps (i.e. Task Mgr., Win Explorer, access Task Bar items etc...) on my PC.
That concerned me quite a bit as I've never had any issues like this with any installer or anything else for that matter on this machine (on my older XP machines yes, I had the system slow down due to the 4GB RAM limit). Just not sure how this WC installer (consistently) could bring my system to a halt like that?? I rebooted and tested to see if it was the WC that was causing this......surely enough, it was (the latest version). It finally installed after a few runs at it.
IMO, this installer could use a LOT of improvements and I also had to enter the serials in my online account for the installer to see it......not very intuitive at all .

Anyway, it's installed within WC but I haven't yet tested the plugins in Sonar. I also got an email this morning from tech support at Waves stating to use the latest version. I'll definitely let them know my experience with this.

Thanks to all of you for all your help.....you guys rock!!!  

2017/06/27 15:39:25
dcumpian
Mesh
However, I noticed during the installation process (on the older version as well as the newer) that it was locking up/slowing down/generally not being able to access other apps (i.e. Task Mgr., Win Explorer, access Task Bar items etc...) on my PC.

WC spawns a crap ton of threads to do it's thing somewhat asynchronously. That's likely where the "slowdown" is coming from.

Regards,
Dan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account