• Software
  • Waves Central Issue....RESOLVED! (p.2)
2017/06/27 18:18:38
Mesh
dcumpian
Mesh
However, I noticed during the installation process (on the older version as well as the newer) that it was locking up/slowing down/generally not being able to access other apps (i.e. Task Mgr., Win Explorer, access Task Bar items etc...) on my PC.

WC spawns a crap ton of threads to do it's thing somewhat asynchronously. That's likely where the "slowdown" is coming from.

Regards,
Dan

I'm inclined to agree with you Dan as I noticed youtube and other sites were being affected during this. I just don't like my system being at the mercy of WC.  
2017/06/27 20:17:27
cclarry
Glad to help Meshy!  Ya...not very intuitive, and, for the 
most part, even when WC checks for updates, it doesn't see
them...and the WORST part is you can't uninstall individual
plugins.  You have to uninstall EVERYTHING and then reinstall
what you want...that's DUMB
2017/06/28 12:22:35
interpolated
No that's Waves "protecting their...I mean your investment" ;-)
2017/06/28 12:25:57
Mesh
I ran Sonar to make sure all the Waves plugins were working. I could see all the other plugins, but out of the 2 new ones installed (SSL E Channel & Brauer Motion), only the SSL shows up. I went through each audio fx plugin and couldn't find Brauer......I could see all of them within the Waves Shell (on my C: drive). 

Any thoughts?
2017/06/28 12:33:45
interpolated
Presuming these are all VST3 versions and rerun a VST scan, if you need to it manually, only that the license has not been copied along with the rest of them to your thumb drive or wherever you keep them.

2017/06/28 12:52:47
Mesh
interpolated
Presuming these are all VST3 versions and rerun a VST scan, if you need to it manually, only that the license has not been copied along with the rest of them to your thumb drive or wherever you keep them.

I'm not exactly sure what Waves has installed (not at my DAW now), but I generally install VST2's & 3's and only 64bit. The licenses were registered at the waves website and I did see that all the licenses were the "Full Version" within WC.
Is there an option within the WC to choose what gets installed? (I don't remember seeing anything during installation)
2017/06/29 09:05:00
Wibbles
mudgel
Their support is excellent.

Waves Central is such a pain that it needs to be.
2017/06/30 14:04:38
Grem
Mesh

Is there an option within the WC to choose what gets installed? (I don't remember seeing anything during installation)

Yes. When running WC, choose Install, then on the left side choose from the cloud. Then you can pick what you want to install by putting a check mark by the plugs you want to install. As you put a check by the plug, it should move to the right panel. Then hit install.

I would check and make sure Bauer Motion was installed.
2017/06/30 14:19:03
Mesh
Grem
Mesh

Yes. When running WC, choose Install, then on the left side choose from the cloud. Then you can pick what you want to install by putting a check mark by the plugs you want to install. As you put a check by the plug, it should move to the right panel. Then hit install.

I would check and make sure Bauer Motion was installed.

Thanks Grem, I'll take a look tonight and try that if Brauer Motion isn't showing up in Sonar.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account