2011/05/22 10:38:51
Pavement
I have the retails version of Dimension Pro... just trying to get to grips with it now.

Problem is, when i try to load an element i cant find them. I've done a search in Windows for .elem files and that doesn't find them either... HELP

Bob
2011/05/22 15:54:09
AT
Dimpro should default to the element folder when you load it in.  I forget where it is exactly. But don't worry, there ain't nothing there.  Elements are 1/4 of a program, not the program itself.  There are plenty of single element programs.

You can copy, save and paste elements if you want to.  But I don't think there are any or useful elements that come w/ the software.  They are all in the programs.

2011/05/22 18:16:14
Kev999
Pavement

I've done a search in Windows for .elem files and that doesn't find them either...
Mine are stored in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Elements

There are 26 files in total.  I have never made use of them, but I might check them out now.
2011/05/22 19:26:46
Kev999
There are 26 files in total.  I have never made use of them, but I might check them out now.
I have just been experimenting.  Obviously when you Load an Element it loads a single Multisample along with some other settings (LFOs/Envelopes/etc).  But apparently when you Unload an Element, it merely removes the loaded multisample, but retains all of the other settings.
2011/05/23 14:02:01
Pavement
Thanks AT & Kev999.

I have looked in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

There is no Elements folder in there... only Documentation, Resources, Programs & Multisamples. Is Multi-samples what you mean Kev?

Anyway... it looks like you save the 4 element patch as an entire element... although this isn't very clear in the documentation.

Thanks for the advice guys, i appreciate it.

Bob
2011/05/23 17:40:35
AT
A 4 element patch is a program.  Four elements make a program.

If you are using vista or later windows version the files are split as per windows.  Cake merely follows the standard.  I don't have any sound software on this computer, and it has been lightening all day, but as I recall you have program files and program data under C: in Visat and later.  I can never remember where they put the programs, multisamples and elements (not that I ever load elements, just programs).  Take a look down that file tree.

But again, elements are a subcomponent of a program.  DimPro only ships with a couple of elements.  Are you looking for the samples used?  Otherwise, just stick with programs.

@
2011/05/23 20:45:45
Kev999
Pavement

I have looked in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

There is no Elements folder in there... only Documentation, Resources, Programs & Multisamples. Is Multi-samples what you mean Kev?
No.  I keep all multisamples elsewhere on a separate drive.
2011/05/23 20:53:21
Kev999
AT

...elements are a subcomponent of a program.  DimPro only ships with a couple of elements.  Are you looking for the samples used?  Otherwise, just stick with programs.
I agree that Element files are not particularly important, but in the light of what I discovered recently (see post 4 above), I will probably start using them as a means of saving and transferring LFO and Envelope settings.
2011/05/24 01:41:49
AT
Kev,

yea, that is their purpose.  copy and combine different voices.

@
2011/05/25 07:10:42
jkpeter
I agree that Element files are not particularly important, but in the light of what I discovered recently (see post 4 above), I will probably start using them as a means of saving and transferring LFO and Envelope settings.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account