• Software
  • Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 (p.2)
2017/06/12 15:46:29
Jim Roseberry
Latest version of Kontakt 5 won't let you easily migrate your libraries.

With previous versions, you could click on the "Add Library" button, browse to your library's new location... and be good-to-go.  Not with the latest version!  
Clicking the "Add Library" button will only bring up Native Access... where you have to re-download the library.
What should maybe be an hour of busy-work... is suddenly two days of re-install.
That is the ultimate in steps backward!!  

My only advice is to uninstall everything... and reinstall from square one.
Major time burner... but it'll (eventually) get you back up-and-running.

Regarding the K11 update:
The past several Komplete updates have been somewhat unexciting. 
More content than innovation...
2017/06/12 15:50:51
Amicus717
I'm feeling the same. Did the upgrade from 10U to 11U when I saw the sale price, and still trying to figure out if it was justified...

1) Una Corda is interesting, but not really very compelling. It might be of use here and there, but that's it. 

2) I do like -- and use -- the Strum library, so the new one is a nice addition.

3) I'm not sure, yet, about Emotive Strings -- I find Action Strings to be a bit plastic and artificial, and is hard to blend with my other string libraries, and Emotive Strings has very much the same sound and overall vibe. I'll spend some time playing around with it, and hopefully it will be useful. But I'm not optimistic.

4) Symphony Essentials: don't like the woodwind libraries at all, and the solo brass doesn't sound even slightly convincing, to my ears. The ensemble strings are okay, although they always struck me as being a bit too shrill with a lot more bite than my other string libraries, and I don't like any of the short articulations. The ensemble brass has been useful, although I didn't like it at first. However, after experimenting with it a bit, I actually don't mind it as a quick and easy way to insert some massed brass instrumentation. Taken as a whole, the Essentials collection is pretty underwhelming.

5) India I like, and will use. A decent addition.

I already had Replika XT, and I've haven't really looked at Reaktor 6 yet, and to be honest, I don't use the NI synths very much. Not sure why, but they have just never really grabbed my attention, so I've left them alone. Possibly I should change that..
2017/06/12 18:12:40
yorolpal
Thanks Jimbo...that's actually what I started doing this morning.  Turns out I had Komplete versions all the way back to 5 still loaded.  So...I've uninstalled and deleted everything (since I have disk backups) and am currently reinstalling K11U again from scratch.  By the looks of it...should be done by a week from next Thursday;-)

2017/06/12 18:38:08
bapu
I upgraded form 10U to 11U for Una Corda. The other stuff was just gravy (that which I did not already own).
2017/06/12 20:03:03
stevec
Well... this thread has been yet another sign that it's worthwhile upgrading from K9 regular to K11 regular.   Ya know, I'm trying to save the $99 but none of y'all are helping.   

2017/06/12 22:34:16
BassDaddy
You don't really need Komplete 11. These aren't the droids you're looking for.
(did that help?)
2017/06/13 00:24:27
JohnKenn
Sharke, and all of you...

Appreciate the cold analysis. Sorry (as in sad but grateful) to be doing a vicarious decision based on your dollar investment, loss.

Have complete 9.  Complete 11 would get Reaktor 6 and some other storage burdens that I'd probably never use.

Rumors abut Guitar Rig 6 so don't know if the fire sale is in anticipation of the next roll out.

Will save the 99 dollars and try to learn Reaktor 5 for now. Thanks for the feedback.

John
2017/06/13 03:48:51
stevec
BassDaddy
You don't really need Komplete 11. These aren't the droids you're looking for.
(did that help?)

Greatly!    Maybe.    Possibly.   

2017/06/13 12:07:28
sergiosimoes
sharke
Ah but you're coming from 9U. It's actually a good upgrade in that case because there was some pretty cool stuff introduced in 10U. But from 10U to 11U it's very underwhelming. 

I'm glad to hear this because I'm coming from K9 regular, so my upgrade would be better than good . End even if the orchestral stuff is not first rate, I bet it'll be better than anything I currently have (Sonivox and Miroslav CE and, of course, a bunch of old and new HW ROMplers).
2017/06/13 14:56:20
yorolpal
This keeps getting funnier by the minute.  As you may know, now you have to use the Native Access app to install all your Komplete stuff.  What you may not know is that there is no way to select exactly what you wish to install...unless you do it one at a time...and there is no way to stop the install process short of popping up the task manager and ending the task should something go awry with the install.  This means, for instance, that I cannot select "install all" because for some reason Abbey Road Modern Drummer has a "fatal error" which essentially just hangs the install (apparently for hours as I let it run overnight).  And since there are no tick boxes so that you could select all but that library I'll have to install everything one at a time...and hope it will install properly.  Total crap design.  

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account