• Software
  • Cakewalk special for Master Writer
2017/06/21 16:39:35
mudgel
2017/06/21 17:17:22
TheMaartian
This is NOT a comment on the quality or usefulness of Master Writer. There is a reason, though, that I picked Rhyme Genie/TuneSmith ($25 one time). As of version 3, Master Writer is online-only. The thing that really bothered me was that I would lose access to all of my work if I ended my subscription. I'm still unaware of any systemic way to get your work out of Master Writer and saved to some type of usable backup file. If they've added this critical feature, please accept my best Rosanna Rosannadanna!

2017/06/21 17:23:25
TheSteven
2017/06/21 17:27:24
TheSteven
Apologies about last post.
Sorry if I derailed the thread at such an early juncture.
2017/06/22 07:31:42
TerraSin
TheSteven
Apologies about last post.
Sorry if I derailed the thread at such an early juncture.

I'm actually kind of interested at what you had to say since I've been thinking of getting a subscription with Masterwriter because of some of the features they have beyond a standard thesaurus.
2017/06/22 07:32:25
TerraSin
TheMaartian
This is NOT a comment on the quality or usefulness of Master Writer. There is a reason, though, that I picked Rhyme Genie/TuneSmith ($25 one time). As of version 3, Master Writer is online-only. The thing that really bothered me was that I would lose access to all of my work if I ended my subscription. I'm still unaware of any systemic way to get your work out of Master Writer and saved to some type of usable backup file. If they've added this critical feature, please accept my best Rosanna Rosannadanna!

Not familiar with TuneSmith. How do you feel it compares excluding the offline client?
2017/06/22 15:05:04
BobF
I just signed up for a trial to see what options are available.

Save is disabled, so closing and returning loses everything "collected" for the project.

There is an export option, but it is also non-functional in the trial.  No way to see what it does.

Clicking '?' to see what Help says about Export results in a server error.

Lame.
2017/06/22 19:26:50
TerraSin
I'm going to really think on this tonight. MW has a lot of features I've not seen elsewhere that go beyond rhyming which is really what I'm looking for. The 90 day money back guarantee is also a plus and since I'm in the process of writing an album, the timing is right.
2017/06/22 22:01:33
BobF
Let us know how the export function works.  If it's usable for offline storage, I might be interested.  I picked up Rhyme Genie/TuneSmith a while back.  Unfortunately, TS requires the QT virus for audio functions - not a huge thing I guess.  I do like the integrated editor though.

The downsides to MW are the lack of internal editor and the subscription model.  And the lack of a fully functional demo.

2017/06/22 22:47:27
TerraSin
I'm actually okay with not having an application now as I do a lot more on the cloud than I used to. It's especially useful when on the go.

Was looking at Rhyme Genie earlier and I feel like it's not really up to par with what MW offers as far as phrases and such which is what I'm after. All the stuff in TuneSmith I don't really care about. Nice features for a free product unless it gets discontinued in the future and you'll have to migrate everything. I just use spreadsheets for all that type of stuff now because I had exactly that happen with a couple other programs in the past. I do with Rhyme Genie had a proper demo to look around because the video felt like the person had taken too many caffeine pills before recording it. Worse comes to worse, I can always pick that up later anyway.

I'll get back to you on the exporting thing. I'll likely pick this up tonight.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account