2017/06/25 08:16:21
interpolated
I was looking for a separate meter for gauging the loudness of a track. I found this by pure chance.

It's free alas that doesn't mean it's bad.  

Sorry I never saved the download link but it should be easy to find.

http://youlean.co/youlean-loudness-meter/

2017/06/25 08:38:07
cclarry
It's been posted many times, and it does the job
2017/06/26 21:11:11
brconflict
That one is useful and FREE (I love it!), as well as Nugen Audio's Master-Check for Mastering to online destinations, coupled with Meterplugs' Dynameter. I would also recommend checking out Nugen Audio's ISL 2st to handle the final Limiting for any bit-reduction conversion 'overs'/clipping, and finally Flux StereoTool v3 (free) for phase-management and metering.
2017/06/26 23:03:01
interpolated
Yeah I found it let me gauge the limiter in real-time rather just relying on K-Metering and hoping the attenuation wasn't affecting to the dynamics too much. In the end, after a touch of "tape compression" and bus compression before the harmonic maximiser and limiter it really helped me keep things in check without wondering.

I was pushing the volume for an EDM mix however trying not to kill too much dynamics with have very little headroom which seems to be the trend these days. I acquired a few reference tools. Waves NX which simulates stereo over headphones (if you were in a treated room). Not quite got the hang of that yet but it helped a bit.

For phase and correlation checks, frequency analysis I use VSL Suite plug-ins. These are also VST3 so are good on resources. Thanks the info about the other plug-ins.
2017/06/26 23:52:55
Zo
i really like the radar type , you have an overview of the whole track that speaks to me more ....don't know why /.//
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account