2010/08/25 17:06:37
tarsier
Did you try it? Works here. I made a new blank .wav, opened the id3 area in AA, typed in my secret code word into the "album" field, saved the wav, opened it in a hex editor, searched for my secret code word, et voila! It's in the wav file.

I tried it again with the "song title" field.  It ended up in the wav file as well.
2010/08/25 17:22:40
ba_midi
tarsier

Did you try it? Works here. I made a new blank .wav, opened the id3 area in AA, typed in my secret code word into the "album" field, saved the wav, opened it in a hex editor, searched for my secret code word, et voila! It's in the wav file.

I tried it again with the "song title" field.  It ended up in the wav file as well.

Right ... and in the options for the Save dialogue, one has to check the "Included Extra Info" or however its worded there - or it doesn't get saved.

2010/08/25 18:21:11
ohhey
tarsier

So what happens if you import that into iTunes, does it find the information and use it ?
2010/08/26 00:27:46
bitflipper
Did you try it? Works here.

Yes I did, and in my test the fields were not written to the wave. Billy may have answered why that was.

Did you figure where the data ended up? Was it in XML format?
2010/08/26 10:44:25
The Maillard Reaction
FWIW, I add the data in Adobe Audition and it does seem portable. I do use the include extra info switch.

I have been lurking and hoping to learn about more powerful ways to get the data to stick.

I guess I had stumbled onto one of the better ways already.

best regards,
mike
2010/08/26 11:08:45
tarsier
Did you figure where the data ended up? Was it in XML format?

"album" ended up in the LIST chunk, and "song title" ended up in the XML chunk, and in XML format. I won't speculate to the logic of that.
2010/08/26 11:10:58
The Maillard Reaction
how do you see the chunks? with a hex editor?
2010/08/26 11:13:53
tarsier
So what happens if you import that into iTunes, does it find the information and use it ?

Nope.
2017/09/25 21:42:01
findjammer
Hey All,

If anyone is still interested I'm working on adding iXML and general tag editing in my SampleSort app for the next release.  Should drop in a month or so :)

Cheers,

J
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account