2012/10/04 11:51:33
Maarkr
doing a song with car beeps/honks... I have the X2 synths and z3ta+2, but it's a lot of sounds to go thru... I went thru z3ta but nothing strikes me there.  anyone know offhand of a good synth patch for beeps?
2012/10/04 12:44:27
Sidroe
I have worked on some video soundtracks for clients. You can find tons of free car horn samples on the web. Just launch a search for free car horn sounds or samples. Download the ones you like and just place them in a track where you need them. If you have Kontakt or a sampler that will load the files format like sfz for DimPro you could just load the sample into DimPro and trigger it. I have a vast collection of horns, door slams, cranking up, cutting off, racing by, shifting gears, etc. All sitting in a folder.
2012/10/05 13:34:20
Maarkr
thanks... i was looking for synth horn sounds from any of the cakewalk synths.
2012/10/05 13:50:17
dubdisciple
i agree with sidroe.  there are lots of sources for horn sounds.  If you drop them into dim pro or even dropzone, you can tweak it to your liking.  here is just one sample of a source: http://www.partnersinrhym...undfx/carsoundfx.shtml

I'm no synth programming wiz, but i suspect a car horn would not be that difficult to pull off.  Maybe i will make that my weekend project
2012/10/05 14:25:33
Starise
 If you want to make your own and have a portable recorder simply record and have someone honk, or "mash the horn". Take the recording and load it into almost any decent software sampler.Better yet, if you don't own a sampler and only need a honk or two at the same pitch leave out the sampler altogether.
2012/10/05 14:27:39
dubdisciple
If you want, i can go out to my car and record a horn with my zoom h4n and upload it for you
2012/10/05 15:19:42
arachnaut
If you have Reaktor, I highly recommend:

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/weirdingmodule-releases-danger-for-reaktor-and-kontakt-19989

It has a good car horn synthesized along with lots of other warning sounds (like the old Star Trek 'red alert') - all FM synthesized.

2012/10/05 15:52:05
dubdisciple
I wonder if these work on the free versions of reaktor and kontakt?  In any case, i think it includes the wav files
2012/10/05 15:52:23
dubdisciple
thanks.  good find!
2012/10/05 15:57:19
arachnaut
dubdisciple

I wonder if these work on the free versions of reaktor and kontakt?  In any case, i think it includes the wav files

I don't know, I have Komplete 7, not sure what does and doesn't work in the players.
There are wave files for Kontakt included so you could load these in other synths/samplers.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account