• Software
  • DAW Remote HD Setup... Interested?
2013/07/11 15:08:40
magek
I use SONAR X2a on a Win 7 laptop and an iPad 4th Gen.
I am attempting to set up DAW Remote HD, a paid app on the App Store.
My laptop is connected to my first router via an Ethernet cable, while simultaneously connected to my (second) wireless router for Internet connection. My iPad is connected to the first router via WiFi.
I also downloaded a wireless MIDI driver rtpMIDI, as recommended by the creator of DAW Remote HD. The rtpMIDI becomes the MIDI device in SONAR, and the DAW Remote HD uses the Mackie Control Surface protocol to communicate with SONAR via the iPad.
Most of my setup is complete, however the control surface never finishes connecting, so my iPad cannot control SONAR yet.

Here's my goal: to allow my iPad to become a SONAR control surface wirelessly. I will use this configuration LIVE with my iPad on top of one of my keyboard controllers, or in a case attached to my keyboard stand. I will use the iPad to control track muting, volume, etc.

My reason for posting this is that I have not found any source in the Cakewalk Forum, or elsewhere on the net, that provides a guide to setting up this specific configuration. I'm receiving help from the DAW Remote HD team, but want to post a "how-to" for other SONAR users IF I get it working, and IF there is any interest among forum users. So, if you'd like me to post the "how-to" IF I get it working, please reply. Only one reply is necessary for me to consider it worth the time to create the "how-to."
2015/01/11 13:56:09
PatAzzMusic
Hi Magek;

Definitely interested. I bought DAW Remote HD and set everything up on X3 as the instructions said, but I keep getting an error message that there is no MIDI signal.

Any ideas on what might be going on? Is this similar to the experience that you had?
2015/01/11 15:06:20
Elffin
I was stumped trying set this up.. using saitara daw remote. in that app there was a setting called show new connection and bingo it worked..

Can i assume that the pc end is correct? that the second rtp midi are similar to what the website/instructions show?
2015/01/11 15:11:40
jyoung
Windows 8 tablets are pretty inexpensive these days, you might try the public beta of yMIDI. It has a complete MCU Pro control surface as well as general MIDI controllers and touch triggers. I've tested it extensively with Sonar and it works rather nicely with it.
2015/01/12 13:31:17
PatAzzMusic
Thanks for the yMIDI . I specifically say that it supports transport controls and enabling/disabling record on tracks, etc. Both of those are what I'm primarily concerned about (have different "stations" in my studio that I want to record from).

I'll download the trial and see if I can get it figured out. It would probably be a great use of my Surface RT :)
2015/01/12 16:12:38
jyoung
Thanks for trying yMIDI and let me know how it goes. The beta version is the one you want - it has the control surface. Send an email if you need some help getting it configured.
2015/01/13 12:15:37
joel77
Matty - I'm interested and will be watching this thread for progress.

Thanks for doing this!
2015/01/13 14:14:18
to_be_deleted
I, too, am very interested in this thread. I would prefer a "universal" iOS app so I could also use it on an iPhone, with a restricted screen, obviously.
2018/10/18 22:33:23
Jgillilan
Hi Magek, are you still going to use you x touch with band Lab? I saw your review on Sweetwater’s website.
2018/10/18 22:53:13
bitflipper
Don't hold your breath, Jgillilan. Magek hasn't logged in for almost a year.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account