2015/02/10 04:24:55
risu
Here are my suggestions for better user experience on new Command Center:

1. Let users pick a custom installation directory(!). There's another thread about this, so I don't go more into details.

2. Better yet, add an option to let users choose installation directory per installation, in other words, do not quietly suppress the option when installing an update. This would satisfy advanced users who want more control.

3. Don't force people to always download the installation packages again if they hit reinstall, add a separate option for it, or at least ask users if they want to use already downloaded installer instead.

4. Allow users to download installation packages separately without installation (also other thread about this).

5. Is reinstall really that important that it should show on selected product? I find it confusing that it shows there and first thought there wasn't even uninstalling option implemented. It would be more logical to have it on same menu where other admin features are, like right above uninstall option, you could add request 3. there too. Also, I'm not sure about the right click menu, you could add option for the product page like "Modify" and show those options under it or something, it would be more consistent than current way (but I get the idea that you don't want people to accidentally hitting those).

6. I can hide products, which is great. But how to unhide them? There should be some way to do this, in case I've hidden things that I want to access later on.

7. Serial numbers show on selected page, but no way to copy them to clipboard for easy copy/paste, maybe add a button for this or at least let users right click the serial and select copy to clipboard.
2015/02/10 04:30:55
risu
8. If there's an update for the product I want to install, why doesn't the installer apply the update automatically when I do a clean install first time? I just installed Sonar, it downloaded it, and it then showed up with yellow light telling me that there's an update available. If I install something with automated installer, I'd expect it to always download and install the latest version automatically when I hit Install.
2015/02/27 19:41:52
Magic Russ
When there is an update available, it gives a link for more information.  That just goes to the Sonar page.  How about a link to a page that actually lists the changes made?

Also being able to choose where things go should go without saying.
2015/02/28 08:16:44
risu
10(?). Now that we see the first updates, updating process is really slow and tedious as you need to update items one by one and wait between the updates (which can take a while). Would it be possible to put "Update All" button somewhere? Even if you update Sonar itself, it doesn't update items under it.

If I've missed such option, please correct me :)
2015/02/28 08:26:22
BobF
How do I NOT use this atrocity?

How do I check for updates WITHOUT this thing?
2015/02/28 08:38:57
joakes
This may have already been mentioned but ......

11) Chop the downloads up so that we only need to download whatever has been updated - not the whole concept.

For some of us on slow internet connections, we have to download the whole shebang (DimPro for ex in the latest update).

Why ?

Cheers,
Jerry
2015/02/28 08:46:52
risu
I was wondering the same thing last night about D-Pro. They already have installers that can append stuff (free expansions for d-pro and rapture).

Actually that reminded me of:

12. Show and allow installing free expansions/extensions on command center. Why D-Pro and Rapture users have to find about these free extensions by themselves?
2015/02/28 08:47:47
joakes
14) If your internet cuts out for whatever reason, 3C starts downloading again once you reboot/get your internet back ..... from zero.

This happened to me this am when DimPro had reached 87%. A few rude words were said !

It would be great to have a fully working download manager built into 3C that can cope with a resume (ex. Free Download Manager and others).

Cheers,
Jerry
Edit : don't like 13 !
2015/02/28 16:16:02
nzpaul
+1 to all the above 

I have another obvious request - should probably be 0) really :)

15) Recognise what has already been installed from previous versions

So it can see that I already have Dim Pro, Rapture, all the various effects bundles etc installed!

2015/03/03 14:19:32
guitarplayer1130
++1 to all the above. Especially the fact that you can't choose the directory path for the content. All my other VI's allow me to choose where to put the content. I should have this option in the "new" Sonar like we had in X3. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account