2015/05/05 11:04:43
stevec
Ah, bummer.    I guess I'll be finding out about all of this myself soon enough...
2015/05/05 11:19:17
mudgel
guitarplayer1130
Steve, it does show up in my account but there is no way to download it. I was going to try that so I could burn the install files to a BD disk but my account page says there are no downloads available for this product. I do have download links to legacy products however.

I've just redeemed my Rapture Pro and registered it. In my account I see Rapture Pro with a raft of additional downloads under it. When I click Rapture Pro it creates a download link for me. You can then select multiple download one after another to download simultaneously. They will then appear in your default download location. If you then move them to the CCC download folder you could still use CCC to install them for you.

In the soon to be released CCC 1.1 you will have the option to run each installer through the CCC while being given acces to the verbose installer which will give options as before including installation location.
2015/05/05 11:56:15
guitarplayer1130
mudgel
guitarplayer1130
Steve, it does show up in my account but there is no way to download it. I was going to try that so I could burn the install files to a BD disk but my account page says there are no downloads available for this product. I do have download links to legacy products however.

I've just redeemed my Rapture Pro and registered it. In my account I see Rapture Pro with a raft of additional downloads under it. When I click Rapture Pro it creates a download link for me. You can then select multiple download one after another to download simultaneously. They will then appear in your default download location. If you then move them to the CCC download folder you could still use CCC to install them for you.

In the soon to be released CCC 1.1 you will have the option to run each installer through the CCC while being given acces to the verbose installer which will give options as before including installation location.

Maybe mine is lacking due to the fact that I used CCC to download and install? I would still hope that the option to download from my account would still exist.
2015/05/05 15:30:15
mudgel
guitarplayer1130
I've been sitting here thinking about the good ole days. You know the ones; where you could use a download manager to start your downloads from the store? Yeah, it was kinda a PITA, but at least you could run multiple DL's at a time and walk away? I'm sitting here again today waiting on each and every update and file from my Rapture Pro purchase and then waiting on the Sonar updates to DL. Not to mention the fact that you have to baby sit each file because when it finishes, you have to click the bottom of the window.

And to top it all off, then having to wait for the danged Command Center to refresh itself!!! AFTER EACH FILE FINISHES!! JEEESHHH!! 

Come on Cakewalk, fix this thing (Command Center) so we don't have to waste so much time getting the updates and products we're PAYING FOR!!!!

Or at least go back to the old way until you get it fixed.

Why? Just create download links for each item you want to download. I can create 10 simultaneous downloads in IE. On completion, transfer to the CCC download folder and install via the CCC. In CCC1.1 yin will have more options as part one of upgrades to CCC.
2015/05/05 15:32:17
mudgel
guitarplayer1130
mudgel
guitarplayer1130

Maybe mine is lacking due to the fact that I used CCC to download and install? I would still hope that the option to download from my account would still exist.

perhaps you're doing something wrong. It's pretty simple, click on the item, it creates a download link in the same screen, click download. If it's not working you need to contact support as it will all still work as before. In any case if you've installed via CCC the downloaded installers should still be on your computer in the CCC download folder, unless you've deleted them deliberately. Despite doing that the Installers should still be available in your account as I described. There is no download link visible until you create it by clicking the file you want to download.
2015/05/05 23:07:14
stevec
Ah, so there is (or should be) an account download link...  cool, good to know.
2015/05/05 23:30:34
mudgel
No there isn't a link as such. You create it by clicking the particular item. The Download link is then created in the same window on the right side underneath the details of what is in that download installer.
2015/05/05 23:41:50
Kamikaze
Just realised why my attempt to bypass CCC to fix my Clavinet pack didn't work. Account lists OX and Windows version separately. I probably downloaded the OX pack, so nothing was their to run it.

I realise posting this probably makes me look stupid, byt may help someone else not feel it.
2016/08/27 14:35:55
MrPrivate
I have not come across any documentation thus far (and not for the lack of looking for it) concerning the ability to choose where my programs will be installed on my computer.  I run a new Win 10, 64 bit, i7, 16GB system to which I've added a firewire card (my mistake for having bought the Motu 896 Mk3 before realizing that firewire would go the way of the dodo bird) and a small SSD.  I run a 128GB SSD as the primary OS drive, having relegated the original 1TB HD to secondary status.

I certainly don't have enough room on my small C drive to add everything to it.  I prefer to add bulky programs and content to the roomy D drive, but I don't think Command Center will give me this option.  Reading above, I'd say that I'm now more certain than ever that it won't. 

Is it stands, Sonar Platinum is installed on my C drive, but I'd like to install everything else, plugins/effects, virtual instruments, content, etc., onto my D Drive - without using Command Center, of course.  Does anytone know if that will work?
2016/08/27 14:47:01
scook
I have not tried a manual install maybe someone who installs that way will answer too. This is a pretty old thread and predates some of the Command Center enhancements. The Command Center has a Verbose Install option on the Options tab in Settings. Verbose Install runs the installers as if they were run from the command line. Any prompt or switch available with a manual install should be available in the Command Center with Verbose Install enabled. There is also Path tab on the Command Center settings page with settings for VST2 install paths. The Settings page is accessed by clicking the gear in the upper right of the Command Center UI.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account