2017/04/02 10:54:16
OldNick
Got it! Now the trouble is I have been "working" on it for 2 hours and I haven't actually used it for anything yet.

I have never been a loop user, but here I can see ...ummm...potential? There is a beat called Opolopo--Machine and it drives me crazy when I use the Percussion set. Makes me think of Breaking Bad and I wonder.....

I had to do some work about the place and feed the dogs, so I got a nice percussion set arranged, made some tweaks, turned Opolopo--Machine up on my system and just rocked along.

Funny thing is, before I was trying a Piano font and started making this really moody, drifty piece (of music, that is) that would only support very subtle cymbal work and maybe a few tom infills...ya can't win.

When  started writing, I had a Jupiter 6 (I sold it ...it was all about the lights and colour...the most luscious synth I have ever seen) and a Casio, because it had an 8-track MIDI recorder. My synth rack rose to four and I built a huge folding stand to handle them...and a 4-track tape recorder! Constantly bouncing, bouncing, bouncing like a bedroom scene from Debbie Does Dallas. (now you know how old I am)

Now look at us.
2017/04/03 10:15:12
OldNick
Hey! They lied! I have been playing with these drums since 04:00 (now 16:15 here) and I'm not addicted at all!
2017/04/03 14:36:53
abacab
OldNick
Hey! They lied! I have been playing with these drums since 04:00 (now 16:15 here) and I'm not addicted at all!

I hear ya!  I just splurged on a AD2 custom pack yesterday that is on sale 50% off (today is the last day).  And I made sure to select Session Percussion.  That is a goody, for sure! 

You can't buy this custom pack direct from XLN, but 3rd party retailers like Audio Deluxe and JRR Shop carry it.  Add to cart to see special price.

JRR - $62.58
https://www.jrrshop.com/xln-audio-addictive-drums-2-custom

Audio Deluxe - $61.97
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/xln-audio-addictive-drums-2-custom

You get to pick 3 more ADpacks, 3 more MIDIpaks, and three additional kit pieces.

Yup, look at us now, LOL!!!
2017/04/03 23:49:56
OldNick
Yeah I got Session Percussion with AD2 when I picked my 3 adpacks. Stunning.

I just grabbed 3 1/2 price drumsets this morning from XLN. This has got to stop!
2017/04/04 00:15:26
abacab
Yup, it's addicting, I tell ya!!!
2017/04/05 12:25:20
OldNick
I was wrong I said that Opolopo--Machine was the midi patch for Session Perc. It's Patrick Sietch. Stunning.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account