2018/10/04 23:18:07
Beepster
Never mind the bleedin' phone boxes. London is filled with friggen' LONDONERS!

I mean, it's like they're everywhere, man. It's freaky.

:p
2018/10/04 23:34:18
bapu
Beepter, I sawed dat een 2010 win eye wuz dare.
2018/10/05 00:11:15
jyoung60
Beepster

That can't be good.
2018/10/05 00:14:56
Beepster
I liiiieek two wok in da summerrrrr brhheeeze...

#andsoforth
2018/10/05 02:00:42
Fog
suppose I should comment, been a Londoner for forty*cough* years , 10 minute drive from abbey road if the road is clear (to put in context)

there is a bit of your story that shows a cafe, run out of 2 boxes.. the person who has them keeps the stuff in the boxes themselves, *BUT* the local council is demanding he's serving the coffee inside the phone boxes, which .. well is impossible.. and they are fining him a lot everytime, they see him for conducting his business on the pavement.

the phone boxes are now also used for BT wifi hotspots , even home routers have a 2nd channel that is separate that BT customers can access. it's handy if my home connection goes down, so why I went with them.

if it's a loophole to get around how the advertising space is charged for, esp. west end  , it also doesn't surprise me. A lot of the boards in prime locations now are animated / pixels instead of the old fashion rolls. They probably still have them ones on a roll / loop.

hence why many business's work out of storage units instead of a real shop, the rates for a shop are crazy vs a storage unit.. and well charity shops and a certain coffee chain avoid paying the true amount they should, so loads of them are around now.

many buildings I grew up with like studios and , including the church my folks were married in , that became a community centre now sell for millions as private homes, that people with deep pockets buy.

this is now what the church my folks got married in looks like .. I used to go there when it was a community centre / dance hall , I was friends with the steward's son who ran it.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/property/is-this-10m-property-the-most-expensive-house-in-kensal-green-1-4434953

Although a dutch friend, his music studio is a converted church.

so I will be priced out of london sooner or later , thanks to dodgy foreign money in part.

2018/10/05 02:12:26
Fog
it's partly true story... not fully.

2018/10/05 02:16:59
Kamikaze
Beepster

Many Londoners would argue that its not the Figgn' Londoners filling the place up.

The Welsh may argue that Wales is being filled up by friggin' Londoners.

Brightonians, would argue that Brighton isn't being filled up by friggin' Londoners, but they are by all the properties and renting out at Friggin' London prices.
2018/10/05 02:35:03
Fog
foreign money (some of it rather shady) has priced Londoners (like me) out of london.
2018/10/05 03:03:03
Beepster
Legal Disclaimer: Beepster Inc. and all of its affiliates has no beef with Londoners or London in general. We were merely pointing out that London, UK is occupied almost entirely by Londoners.

It should also be noted that our founding executive is a bit of a silly chucklefart.

;-)
2018/10/05 07:26:19
Wibbles
Central London is 98.5% tourist (who seem to think the best time to travel on the Tube is during rush hour).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account