2018/10/16 16:31:30
kzmaier
For the last ten years I've been calling Sonar, Cakewalk...

and now I'm calling Cakewalk, Sonar...

Long live Cakewalk!!!
2018/10/16 16:54:02
msmcleod
kzmaier
For the last ten years I've been calling Sonar, Cakewalk...

and now I'm calling Cakewalk, Sonar...

Long live Cakewalk!!!

LOL no, it's not just you... it took me till at least Sonar 5 before I got used to calling it Sonar!

It's been pretty easy for me to switch back.
2018/10/16 17:42:49
batsbrew
i call it "DAW"
2018/10/16 17:52:14
bayoubill
I still call it Sonar and always will! 
2018/10/17 11:34:52
kennywtelejazz
Achtung!

I hate to break it to some of you guys that have been around here for 10 years plus .

Sonar is spelt SONAR not Sonar

Kenny
2018/10/17 13:47:17
bapu
And it was NOT a subscription.

Some juan had to say it.
2018/10/17 14:30:31
Starise
First it was named after an old school game where  you walked in a circle and sat down when the music stops. The first person to sit won a cake. At least this is my impression of that game. I never played it.
The second name is after a function commonly used on military submarines to track the enemy.
Both are better than "Fruity Loops" or similar.

My outlandish guess as to the first name is maybe because it was originally only a midi sequencer the sequence was 
compared to the "sequence" of the game Cakewalk. That is a SWAG. Scientific Wild Assed Guess.
2018/10/17 16:39:31
Wibbles
Starise
First it was named after an old school game where  you walked in a circle and sat down when the music stops. The first person to sit won a cake. At least this is my impression of that game. I never played it.
The second name is after a function commonly used on military submarines to track the enemy.
Both are better than "Fruity Loops" or similar.

My outlandish guess as to the first name is maybe because it was originally only a midi sequencer the sequence was 
compared to the "sequence" of the game Cakewalk. That is a SWAG. Scientific Wild Assed Guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cakewalk
2018/10/17 17:13:56
Starise
I guess I wasn't very far off base there. Looks like a musical association at the bottom of the description.Maybe the name came from that musical association? We may never know.

As for "sonar" I have no earthly idea. I have plenty of SWAG tho.

2018/10/17 17:32:31
pwalpwal
Starise
As for "sonar" I have no earthy idea.

ping!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account