• Software
  • Reorganize Your NI Plugins With The NI VST Tool
2017/06/23 13:01:00
abacab
I just ran across this on the NI support site.

How to Resolve Issues with NI Plug-ins Using the NI VST Tool (Windows)
https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210292425-How-to-Resolve-Issues-with-NI-Plug-ins-Using-the-NI-VST-Tool-Windows-

The NI VST Tool allows you to consolidate all Native Instruments VST plug-ins installed on your computer into a common VST folder. This solves issues which arise when you installed your plug-ins to different VST directories and / or moved the plug-in files to other locations on your hard drive manually. The possible issues include plug-ins not showing up in your sequencer or plug-in updates not being installed properly.
2017/06/23 15:13:01
Glyn Barnes
Mmmm. It may be intresting to run this as I think my NI DLLs are spread about a bit, but as I don't have any problems i wonder if its tempting fate.

Edit - Well I ran it and things look a lot tidier than I was expecting, only Reactor 6 was in a different place, as everthing is working I will leave well alone.
2017/06/23 19:48:26
abacab
I ran it and it was a very controlled experience.  The first step is it searches your drive and shows where your stuff is currently at.

Then you can optionally set new paths for the 32 and 64-bit stuff.

It appears to sync up any existing registry settings when you actually reset a path.

I let it move a few things around and now all 32-bit is in one folder, and 64-bit in the other! 
2017/06/24 13:21:17
BassDaddy
Glyn Barnes
Mmmm. It may be intresting to run this as I think my NI DLLs are spread about a bit, but as I don't have any problems i wonder if its tempting fate.

Edit - Well I ran it and things look a lot tidier than I was expecting, only Reactor 6 was in a different place, as everthing is working I will leave well alone.

That pretty much my first thought. I like the idea. Glad to hear nothing bad happened.
2017/06/24 15:10:55
ZincTrumpet
Interesting, thanks for the heads-up abacab and for sharing the usage experience Glyn and abacab.
Sounds like it's worth a try.

2017/06/24 17:00:00
abacab
I understand the skepticism, but this is supplied by NI support, so you know who to blame if it goes sideways!!! 
2017/06/25 06:10:57
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
abacab
I understand the skepticism, but this is supplied by NI support, so you know who to blame if it goes sideways!!! 

You may be able to blame them but might not get much support fixing it ... so if it ain't broken, don't fix it ... unless have a disk image to rollback to easily
2017/06/25 14:36:21
xiwix
That was a helpful tool just to see where everything is located.

Thanks for posting the link!
2017/06/25 14:45:36
BassDaddy
Glyn Barnes

Glyn, thanks for your post. I was wondering why I would have installed Komplete 11 but not put in Reaktor 6. Well, I did.
2017/06/25 19:30:26
Glyn Barnes
BassDaddy
Glyn Barnes

Glyn, thanks for your post. I was wondering why I would have installed Komplete 11 but not put in Reaktor 6. Well, I did.

Yep, of course when I upgraded K10 to K11 the only VST that need to updated/added was Reaktor 6, it seems I was not paying enough attention.

Now you can see how someone deciding to install everything over the top of an existing installation could get into quite a mess.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account