2010/05/10 21:11:20
Keyborg
from Dimension Dxi? Need to know the steps to getting that bass. Thanks
2010/05/11 10:45:15
AT
Um, not really sure what a bass for dubstep sounds like.  I do know dimension doesn't have a program for dubstep bass, so you will have to go through the Bass presets by ear to hear the one you like.  You can try the leads presets, too, and keys.

Once you have something you like, you can tweak it - more filter, more resonance, effects.  Just like a regular synth.

@
2010/05/11 13:33:50
Fog
rapture would be better suited to it... tbh , but it's do-able in DP...

it's a sawtooth waveform or sine a lot of the time... since DP uses samples.. you'd have to see if you could use a patch that is a SAW etc..

it's basic synth though, so lots of freebie ones could do it.... synth1 off kvr etc .. even a free one off Computer music.. look at their tips bit , or write in. it's a generic sorta bass.. it's just the filtering on top of it.. thats all.

it's a plain sound, BUT IT'S messed with in realtime.. e.g.. LFO etc like AT mentions

2010/05/11 15:29:58
planetearth
If you could post a short sample of "that bass", someone here might know the free/low-cost VSTi you could use for it, but as Fog and AT suggested, Dimension probably isn't what you want--at least, not without some additional processing.

Computer Music does a lot of dub/house/electro articles and "how to" pieces, so you might be able to find something there.

MusicRadar.com has a "tuition" page that also has a piece on this right now at the bottom of the page. It's for Reason, but you can apply the principles to SONAR. In conjunction with their friends at SampleRadar.com, they also give away a lot of free samples (many for dub/dubstep/techno/etc.). In fact, they gave away several nice sets of drum samples all set up for different softsynths. And unless I'm mistaken, some (if not all) of the drum maps were set up by none other than Fog himself. (That's quite a laborious task, and I for one appreciate the work involved. Thanks again, Fog! And if it wasn't you, well...take the credit anyone. No one will know!)
2010/05/11 21:16:35
Keyborg
I guess they call it the wobbly bass.

[youtube]CJzfTZlEl40[/youttube]

Edit:http://www.youtube.com/us...rg#p/a/f/1/CJzfTZlEl40
2010/05/11 21:33:05
Keyborg
Btw since I'm posting, can someone tell me why people are always claiming my work as sounding 1990's video gamey in general, when Dimension is supposed to sound like a high quality synth? I hear my own music and it sounds good to me.
2010/05/11 22:12:29
planetearth
Btw since I'm posting, can someone tell me why people are always claiming my work as sounding 1990's video gamey in general....

Well, not if you don't provide us a link to your music!
2010/05/11 22:37:47
Keyborg
planetearth

Btw since I'm posting, can someone tell me why people are always claiming my work as sounding 1990's video gamey in general....

Well, not if you don't provide us a link to your music!
Here's one
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1048143&songID=9132749

2010/05/11 23:19:02
AT
keyborg,

try ugoaudio.com and the rez synth (free).  I use it a lot - it is simple, monophonic and sounds good.  Nice filter, too.  You should be able to get something along the lines you need from it.

@
2010/05/12 02:09:14
Keyborg
I also get that my stuff sounds cheap. People often suggest my stuff sounds cheep and they recommend me using a different synth. Is it my fault or dimensions fault, or are the people rating my work talking out of there *ss?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account