2010/06/02 21:59:22
czyky
All ideas posted so far for enhancing your tracks are, er, sound. Suggestion, try just putting some slight reverb on your master buss. Or some other effect. See how it helps, or doesn't. Maybe a bit of a short reverb, a long one, I don't know--it's your work! Just try some things on the main out buss. (If you're not routing everything to a master buss, then add a buss and route all the tracks to it. Easy, and a good practice work out.) Just try some stuff. If you are uncomfortable with routing to busses and such, well, you shouldn't be. They are your friends and are great ways to add all sorts of effects, (good or bad, you decide). You've got the keyboard/midi chops, you've got plenty of ideas judging from what you've done so far, now work on becoming a Sonar ninja.

Here's another idea. I posted a complete Sonar project to a published work, you can read about it here. It's not exactly like your work (good thing, we'd get into a fight over rights!), but not exactly unlike it either--lots of synths, etc. I use a fair amount of effects and EQ. Maybe you can get some ideas from looking into that project--that's what it's posted for.
2010/06/05 22:03:25
planetearth
Maybe you can get some ideas from looking into that project--that's what it's posted for.

An excellent idea. I'm going to try it myself.
2010/06/09 03:30:02
Keyborg
People on this other forum are still bashing dimension, wow.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1048143&songID=9255625

this is the song I posted there(edited but no so much different

I tried utilizing reverb, delay, compression, and eq

They tell me to get ableton live because the onboard instruments are way better
2010/06/09 09:02:36
SmokeyJ628
Keyborg

People on this other forum are still bashing dimension, wow.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1048143&songID=9253181

this is the song I posted there

I tried utilizing reverb, delay, compression, and eq

They tell me to get ableton live because the onboard instruments are way better
They are....let me put this gently...idiots.

People can **and do** make professional recordings with just Dim Pro or the other Sonar instruments.  It's a trap to think that we need to buy something else to make our music better when 99% of the time we (all) need to better learn the tools we have.

I enjoyed listening to your songs, but (like most of us) you need to understand production (mixing, etc.)  better in order to get a "professional sound."  And learning that is not easy and not nearly as fun as buying some new stuff.  However, if you don't work on that and buy something new, you'll probably just be in the same boat but a couple of hundred dollars poorer.  I...like many on these boards...have learned this the hard way.

My $0.02 at least.

Besides Live 8 has been a bit of a disaster for many users....save yourself from the grief.

EDIT:  I thought the song you linked above was a step up in quality from the song you posted earlier in the thread.  So, you're moving in the right direction.
2010/06/09 12:16:53
AT
Yea, buying new toys is exciting and gets one "in the mood" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) but is a sugar high.  I stopped collecting software toys and can't afford the hardware ones I'd like.  I'm still trying to learn how to use Alchemy.  And DimPro is an excellent rompler w/ a nice soundset and enough control.  It doesn't sound all that analog, but if you can't get a good sound out of it a new synth isn't going to help all that much.

It is more learning how to use your instruments/effects.  I mean, I did my real learning on an 8 track analog w/ 2 mono synths, a spring reverb and chorus echo.  I had to learn w/ what I had and did OK stuff.  
2010/06/09 12:40:06
planetearth
I agree 100% with what SmokeyJ628 and AT said.

Besides, Ableton Live is not what you want unless you're a DJ.
2010/06/09 17:34:51
Keyborg
most common comment's

"sounds cheap and outdated"
"video game music from the 90's"(one or two actually said this)

I was aiming for trance if you could tell or not
2010/06/09 21:02:00
Keyborg
czyky

All ideas posted so far for enhancing your tracks are, er, sound. Suggestion, try just putting some slight reverb on your master buss. Or some other effect. See how it helps, or doesn't. Maybe a bit of a short reverb, a long one, I don't know--it's your work! Just try some things on the main out buss. (If you're not routing everything to a master buss, then add a buss and route all the tracks to it. Easy, and a good practice work out.) Just try some stuff. If you are uncomfortable with routing to busses and such, well, you shouldn't be. They are your friends and are great ways to add all sorts of effects, (good or bad, you decide). You've got the keyboard/midi chops, you've got plenty of ideas judging from what you've done so far, now work on becoming a Sonar ninja.

Here's another idea. I posted a complete Sonar project to a published work, you can read about it here. It's not exactly like your work (good thing, we'd get into a fight over rights!), but not exactly unlike it either--lots of synths, etc. I use a fair amount of effects and EQ. Maybe you can get some ideas from looking into that project--that's what it's posted for.

strong post count to join date ratio, lol

2010/06/09 21:10:13
Keyborg
could it be the fact that I don't automate anything?
2010/06/12 23:46:14
Keyborg
HEY EVERYONE, guess who's going to upgrade his dimension dxi(from project 5v2) to dimension pro in the next few days? I'm sure you guessed right

First I have a question. Are the electronic drum's on pro better than the ones in the dxi version?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account