2010/06/13 14:32:13
planetearth
No, they're the same. In fact, there may be no difference at all, since Dimension Pro hasn't been updated in years. There are some free expansion packs you can add, but that's about it.

Do you have Dimension LE or Pro? I thought in a previous post, you said you had Pro. If you have Pro, you're just buying it again. It's the same thing.

Even if it had more or "better" sounds, a new version of Dimension Pro really won't solve your problem anyway. Take some time to review what everyone has offered here as far as effects. There's a lot of good information here, and I'd hate to see you try to throw money at this problem in an attempt to solve it.
2010/06/13 18:13:03
Keyborg
"
I have the very first dimension that came with Project 5 v2 and the LE version. Don't have pro yet.

I have about 100$ to spend right now. The upgrade to pro is 100$. Should I just keep dxi and LE and, and buy effects instead. If you can make an unbiased suggestion on which effect to buy, that would be great.

2010/06/14 00:55:34
planetearth
Save your money.

Did you check out the plug-ins that Blue Cat and Antress give away? I mentioned them almost two weeks ago. They're great, and they'll cover you for EQ, compression, limiting and more.

A good reverb won't cost you anything. A great reverb will, but you don't need a great reverb yet. There are many good, free reverbs. Kjaerhus Audio Classic Reverb, Freeverb Too, Voxengo's Old Skool Verb are all decent algorithm-based 'verbs. Reverberate LE and HOF Origami Edition are good impulse-response 'verbs. WhiteLABEL TEV is a cool dual-reverb 'verb that has some wild effects that might work with your kind of music.

If you like anything you can otherwise get for free, you can either buy a more full-featured version (Blue Cat offers "pro" versions of their stuff), or you can--and should--donate to the developers who give away stuff you like and use. Spend your $100 on that, and you'll probably be better off.
2010/06/14 14:19:06
Keyborg
too late, I already ordered a dimension pro upgrade. Your post is kinda making me regret my decision, but other stuff is free, so it's ok.
2010/06/26 13:27:10
hostile_hams
I'm gonna post something about getting a wobble, although I know thats not really what this thread is about anymore.

I use the simplest programs to make my basic sounds: usually I use the Dreamstation Dxi, which, for some reason, I really like. It just goes to prove what people have been saying the whole time, that you don't always need the most expensive ones.

To start, choose the type of waveform. This can take a bit of tweaking, but you usually for the wobbly part will want a sawtooth, maybe combined with a square. Underneath that you will probably want something subby, and I would recommend having a sine wave bass doubling the notes but down an octave, and without any wobble. This way you can have the really cool sound, but also a lot of bass. You will have to do some work with the EQs to make sure they don't overlap each other, because then it will not sound good. You will want the wobble to be higher, probably.

Now that you have the basic sound, you need the wobble. To do this you need to add an LFO or modulator. You can use a number of different setting; tremolo or filter are probably the best though. Create an envelope for the speed of the modulation, and you will basically be tweaking that to change the sound. Of course, you will want to add other effects, like reverb, overdrive, bitcrushing, etc. over top of this to get a better sound.

This is just sort of a basic start, but it should get you on your way.
2010/06/26 22:25:31
planetearth
Good suggestion, hostile.

And what the heck is that in your avatar?
2010/06/26 22:44:02
SmokeyJ628
planetearth

Good suggestion, hostile.

And what the heck is that in your avatar?

I believe that's a Theremin.
2010/06/27 21:01:17
hostile_hams
That is a Theremin, yup. I have one, but I'll be damned if I can play it...
2011/04/13 20:41:00
Marduk9
Keyborg

I guess they call it the wobbly bass.

[youtube]CJzfTZlEl40[/youttube]

Edit:http://www.youtube.com/us...rg#p/a/f/1/CJzfTZlEl40

Dude that's Dubba Jonny.  He's got the most massive wobble of all dubsteppers I can find.  His drops are insanity.  I can only aspire.

I got Rapture too ... did you figure out a way to do the dubstep? 

The trick is in the LFO settings.  Phase, depth, speed, cut-off and all that stuff.  Been playing with it.  But I'm not to a point where I can vary the wobble over the entire course.  I could chop up the tracks and make multiple tracks for each wobble phase.  But that's a lot of work compared to FL or Abletron.

2011/04/13 21:20:51
Marduk9
Keyborg

most common comment's

"sounds cheap and outdated"
"video game music from the 90's"(one or two actually said this)

I was aiming for trance if you could tell or not

LMAO.  The internet is viciously honest.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account