2011/04/20 00:23:43
SystemF
I bought and own, both the Sonar Producer 8.5 as well as X1. As you all know, both arrived with Dim Pro. So now i have 2 licenses for Dim Pro.
Now my Sonar 8.5 is completely un-installed from my PC as i am using X1 on it. So is the Dim Pro that arrived with it.
Question is, am i allowed or is it even possible to use the Dim pro that arrived with 8.5, on my Mac (another computer). In other words, am i allowed to use Dim pro on my Mac, with the license that's right now not installed anywhere else.
Dim pro arrives with a stand-alone disc, but i just wasn't sure whether it HAD to be installed in conjuction with 8.5 for it to be "legal".
Thanks ahead.
2011/04/20 01:25:24
AT
According to the standard Cake licencing agreement, you can have a single copy of their software on more than one machine, but you can't use it on more than one.  That keeps you from " loaning" DimPro to someone else.  To keep you honest, you have to register your software w/ Cake, so they know if you have 50 copies on machines.

So, yes, you can have 2 Dimpros on 2 machines, esp. as you have 2 copies.

@

@
2011/04/20 01:28:38
thomasabarnes
I see no reason why you can't install that copy of Dim Pro on whatever computer you want. You have a legit license (key). Don't forget to get the lastest update (version 1.5.)
2011/04/20 03:09:31
SystemF
Thanks folks.
I dived into some text  (user agreements). And as far as i can tell, as you guys mentioned. I'm in the clear.
However, just realized that the copies (disc and soft) of both version/licenses that i own, are not Mac compatible. As in, the installers are windows only. Which renders the whole point of this discussion.... useless.
And even though i can see both of my licenses in my account. There is no download button for each one. 
I'd LOVE to bring Dim Pro to my mac as i've got a important project we're running at the moment on our Mac setup Ableton Live :S. OH well my loss.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account