2011/04/07 00:14:50
_ComposerRyan
I am VERY impressed with the string sounds in Dimension Pro, but I am looking for high quality flute and brass section sounds.  It seems like there aren't any good brass section sounds in Dimension Pro...it just includes individual brass instruments like trumpet, tuba, etc...I'm looking for the entire brass section sound.  A deep, bassy brass section sound.

Also, I am looking for a very high quality flute sound that has an "accent" on it when I press the key at its maximum force, if that makes sense. :)

Thanks for the help. :)  I'm new to this Sonar X1 and so far, it is amazing and I still have A LOT to learn.
2011/04/07 07:02:45
Sidroe
Hi,Ryan,
     I would suggest this. I don't know if it is still available or not,haven't checked. But, Cakewalk just had an offer for users to get Garritan Personal Orchestra 4, a regular $150 plug, for 79.95! I got it. It is a jaw dropper! No, it isn't VSL, but the quality is incredible. I used the trumpet and trombone sections on a project and when the client heard it he thought I had hired a horn section to come in.
If you do piano style playing for your tracks it probably won't work too well. If you do your horn arrangements one section at a time on separate tracks it should do very nicely. I was surprised to find that something aimed at doing orchestral mockups actually sits very nicely in Pop,Rock,Jazz, and even country tracks. It really is the best investment I have made in a long,long time. Very nice woodwinds as well. Check it out at Garritan.com. I hope Cake still is doing that offer for you.
2011/04/07 13:22:09
Sidroe
Checked and the GPO 4 for 79.95 is in the Cakewalk store.
2011/04/07 17:11:50
Guitarhacker
Audiomidi.com was selling the Miroslav Philharmonic basic for $15 I think there are some brass & flutes in it. (that deal is not there now...sorry)

Kontakt 4 has orchestral stuff...... medium to high price

East West has some nice stuff..... medium to high price

Native Instruments also has some nice stuff and it is very reasonably priced... NI actually has some FREE stuff that is very impressive...and the mind-blowing part is...yeah it's free, no strings attached..... they know you'll like it and come back to buy some more sounds..... I did.

NI link
2011/04/08 01:52:14
Glyn Barnes
If you want to stick with Dimension Pro there is Digital Sound Factories Virtuoso http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/cakewalk-dimension/e-mu-virtuoso-cakewalk-dimension/product_info.php/cPath/49/products_id/267 These are also available in the Cakewalk Shop.

I have not heard this so can't comment on the quality.

Other alternatives.

Looks like you missed the great $15 deal on Miroslav CE, but IK Multimedia have the full package on sale $99.99 . I bought in on the CE deal and it sounds very nice  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/Main.html?MainPage.php

Also checkout Yellowtools Symphonic Orchestra  http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=987  The package probably does not cover as much ground as Miroslav but you get features like keyswitching. The brass, wind, string and percussion sections are also available individually. IMHO the percussion is a bit weak but the rest is very good.

if you can aford to spend a bit more look at products by VSL, Garatan, Kirk Hunter, EastWest, and the Kontakt factory library is good too.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account