2011/03/13 21:18:24
Norrie
Hi all

I am not a big Soft Synth User so I havent really used many of the Synths that I have with Producer 8.5

I have no problem Useing the TTS 1 or the Fantom built in to my VS700 but for some reason when I Load Dimension I cant get any sounds to work at all

I have been useing a Key Station 88 or a oxygen V2 when ever I need to use a midi controler and they work fone for everything else

Normaly I load the soft Synth for instance TTS1 Pick my sound and the Midi contoller will then play the sounds

In Dimension I load it pick a sound and nothing happens.......

Ive useing the Oxygen to a midi in put then the midi in put to the Dimension input but still nothing. I do see a signal on the midi track when I hit the key but nothing on the dimension track......

Ive tryed all inputs omni on Dimension and I have tryed both controllers as the input aswell just the same way I woud with any other Soft Synth so now I have no Idea how to get it working.... No mater what there is never any signal comeing through in to Dimension or on the meeter

Like I said I dont use anything like this much but its good to know I have it working incase someone wants to record a sound from it .

I must be misssing something please can any one please help ?
Do I need to turn something on or anything like that in Dimension its self ? I can see all the sounds and I can pick them they just wont play......

Thanks for any help it would be nice to get this working since everything else is fine :)

Norrie
2011/03/14 13:17:52
M@ B
hi norrie,
not an expert either. midi can be a tough trouble shoot sometimes.

is the midi track output assigned to dim pro?
2011/03/14 15:27:35
Norrie
Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah it was thats why I am so confused by it.......

I am not clued up on midi but I havent run in to this problem with anyother softsynth all others like the TTS1 etc.
2011/03/14 16:52:34
AT
In the old double view of midi softsynths it is easy to get lost.  SONAR should take care of everything but sometimes it doesn't.

Open the synthrack and insert DimPro.  This should open either a combined track or two tracks (midi/audio) depending upon how you have it set up.  It should also open up DimPro interface.  Your last sound should be up, but if not chose a new one.  wait for it to load in (w/ some of the bigger samples that can take a few seconds).

Now, play your keyboard.  If DP doesn't play, check your midi i/o in the taskbar.  You've already done this from your description, Norrie.  Now is the fun part.

1.  Check to make sure your DP track is highlighted.  this often gets me.  That tells SONAR to you'd like it to work on this track.

2.  If it still ain't working and you aren't getting an incoming signal, check the midi channel number for DP.  It is easiest to select all, but you might have luck with choosing your keyboard.

3.  Make sure the midi output and audio output are correctly configured.  Sometimes they will get off, and you are sending the audio output to an output that ain't connected.

let us know if that helps any.

@
2011/03/14 18:26:42
Norrie
Hi At

Thanks for the reply Ive tryed all of that.

I went back to tryign it today and what seems to be happening is some times it works other times it wont :S

It has also caused my computer to crash 4 times in different projects Sonar stops responding and I have to end talk in task manager. I then have to reboot my computer to run Sonar again or it wont load.

I think this may be one for tec support but I am aiming to upgrade to X1 this week so I dont know weather to adress this issue before or after I upgrade.

Any help would be great

Thanks to all

Norrie
2011/03/25 00:19:40
chrisharbin
This has been an issue since forever. In 8.5 I could not load any version VST of dimpro. However, the DXI version (currently using 1.2 here) works more or less. Crashes are frequent in Dim pro here and I've given up on it entirely (no, I'm not submitting another report)

2011/03/25 04:24:14
Norrie
Hi Thanks for the reply !

I have updated to 1.5 since thI put this post up and it seems ok I upgraded to X1b and all still seems ok

I would recomend the upgrade to1.5 if you havent yet as it hasnt crashed on me.........yet

Norrie
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account