2011/03/23 01:24:21
elijahlucian
hey all. I was hoping to find an easy way to use beatscape as a 16 pad drum machine...

i was using session drummer, but when i try and load a closed hi hat and an open hi hat, the open just overrides the closed hi hat...

NOTE: I am using 1 hit samples from my library not SD packs.

so anyways i was trying to load it in beatscape but it only playts the pads as loops not as one hit samples like i want.. when i change it to "instant" and "manual loop" and then drag a new sample it reloads it to "loop mode" and "tempo" ....

help?
2011/03/29 04:09:48
samson7842
I gave up on that over a year ago and bought Maschine. And that's too bad because CW missed a great opportunity to have a drum machine vst that could've really kicked ass.

I spent over $400 on Maschine. That's money I could've spent on Cake Walk products. You might also want to look into Gist. I hear good things bout it.

2011/03/29 13:12:59
mattox82
I had a play around with it.

You need to set those settings it for each pad each time you drop a sample on it... The settings dont seem to save; I'm thinking this could be a bug. 

Also I've noticed that you have to keep the pad pressed whilst the sample is playing, you can just hit and it plays.

Hopefully we can get some small improvments to this funky tool.

P.S - My first post :)

Just bought X1 Producer, trying to get my head around it.
2011/03/30 12:06:09
EQ
I thought that, thats what beatscape was (an MPC emulation)? was i mis-lead/wrong?

How you any of you use it. What are it adv. as using something else (like batt. )
2011/03/31 04:24:33
mattox82
It just seems to be a loop player...

You can one shot samples, but they only play as long as you hold the key/pad down for its full duration.
2011/03/31 07:52:49
EQ
So (techin. wise) how do you guys go about creating sampled, seq. music (i.e pop, hiphop, dance). I thought i would be able to seq in beatscape and build other parts around that.
2011/03/31 08:43:09
chuckebaby
elijahlucian

hey all. I was hoping to find an easy way to use beatscape as a 16 pad drum machine...

i was using session drummer, but when i try and load a closed hi hat and an open hi hat, the open just overrides the closed hi hat...

NOTE: I am using 1 hit samples from my library not SD packs.

so anyways i was trying to load it in beatscape but it only playts the pads as loops not as one hit samples like i want.. when i change it to "instant" and "manual loop" and then drag a new sample it reloads it to "loop mode" and "tempo" ....

help?

thank you god..finally someone else having the same problem..whats it take to load a hi-hat around here...not sure what it is with seesion drummer..i love it but..its always i find a great kit with horid hi hats..or a kit with great sounding hi hats but horid drum sounds
2011/03/31 08:48:07
chuckebaby
i may very well just start another post..there has got to be a way to load a different hi hat sound in sd3..ive tried using load instrument brings you to the menu..i pich a hi hat..but then my trigger for my closed hat is changed as well to that open hat i picked..maybe if we open up the mixer control that drop down menu theres got to be a way to change it..or maybe in prv?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account