2011/04/01 09:19:25
AndyB01
Just rebuilding my PC after a major system crash - re-installed Dim Pro, expansion packs and the 1.2 update as well as DSF - all working OK.  Noticed there is a 1.5 update to Dim Pro so have installed that and now can't see the DSF samples from the Dim Pro interface.  I did spot some special installation instructions regarding this expansion pack but they are not desperately clear to be honest.  I pointed the install routine at my VST plugin folder under Cakewalk - was that wrong?  I have never installed to a parent directory before??

Using this with Sonar HS 7XL, if anyone has been through the 1.5 update and can advise where I am going wrong it would be much appreciated as I don't want to lose my DSF samples.

Thanks

Andy
2011/04/01 10:15:22
chuckebaby
having the same probs my friend.i installed those free expansion packs and now for some reason some of my demention pro presest are missing..i can actually load them..they just dont play..
2011/04/01 11:32:47
timswartz
Hi All,

The Dimension 1.5 Programs Folder location has changed from the original Dimension 1.2 location.

Please be sure all program files are moved from
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs
To
C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

The ProgramData folder is a system hidden file by default, so you will need to select – Start – Control Panel – Folder Options – View – Show Hidden Files and Folders.

The Multisamples Folder should remain at C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples

Next launch the Dimension browser and press F5 to update the list.

Best Regards,
Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2011/04/01 14:31:08
AndyB01
Tim

That solved it thanks - all up and running now - love those DSF piano samples!

Cheers

Andy
2011/04/01 19:08:46
Kev999
Now that you have got this sorted, it is worth making a backup copy of the Multisamples and Programs folders.  Then in future, if you need to migrate to another PC or reinstall everything on your existing one, you can copy these folders over and avoid the need to reinstall any expansion packs.  This applies not just to Dimension Pro, but also to any other softsynths to which you have added to the original multisample or program content.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account