2017/05/23 22:56:34
The Grim
excellent update, the best (by a long shot) just keeps getting better

http://www.studio-one.exp...presonus-studio-one-35

and another, the official live stream from the 23rd

skip to about 24.55 to get the gist, or 29.23 in to skip the 5 minute vid on new stuff and just the info etc etc
2017/05/24 14:26:26
KingsMix
Soundwise
BobF

The full list is here

Awesome update. Got me thinking about upgrading S1 Artist to Pro.

Hey Soundwise,
Made a similar move a few months ago from Studio One Artist to Studio One 3Pro.
The Artist version almost had me super dissuaded (for years) about the great functionality and workflow that Studio One 3 Pro has. Got in on it with a good deal offer that popped up. And so far in my opinion it has gone way beyond the accolades I had heard about it. And I see why it gets all the well deserved hype.  IMHO

2017/05/24 14:56:59
BobF
I don't understand how it works, but the new low latency feature is VERY cool.
2017/05/24 17:33:05
dubdisciple
it's a feature I have always loved on Logic I hoped others would adopt.
2017/05/24 18:50:56
CedricM
What's the commercial policy of presonus for StudioOne ?
- How much is the upgrade n -> n+1 ?
- how often are there major (paid) upgrade ?

2017/05/25 01:40:42
Nino Vargas
💓💓💓💓
2017/05/25 09:43:09
danam2
dubdisciple
it's a feature I have always loved on Logic I hoped others would adopt.

It is actually better in S1 3.5 than in logic AFAICT.  It is more like the hybrid audio engine in Samplitude. You do software monitoring (with plugins/instruments lower than 3 ms latency) with the audio latency of your audio interface and everything else is played back with an additional dropout buffer that you can set in S1. That dropout buffer eases the load on CPU and your audio interface, so that you can monitor with very low latencies while playing back the whole mix with a lot of plugins, even if they introduce a lot of latency. Nothing is bypassed except for plugins in the software monitoring path that have more than 3 ms latency. 

If I was a DAW product manager I would copy a couple of other features of Samplitude. Of course it has its own flaws....
2017/05/25 10:10:29
ZincTrumpet
Wow this update is amazing!

I am using S1 Pro and although I didn't have a problem with latency before certain CPU hogs (e.g. IKM's Stealth Limiter on the Master Bus) would cause monitoring latency. I just got used to disabling it while recording/monitoring (also true in SPlat). Now with dropout protection set to Maximum I can enable the Stealth Limiter and still get low latency monitoring. I don't know how they achieved this but they have certainly raised the bar.
2017/05/25 14:18:58
dubdisciple
Will do update today. I am really loving this product
2017/05/25 14:34:52
mettelus
This update had some serious thought put into it. Now I am looking into Notion 6, but need to start another thread asking about that.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account