2011/02/18 07:00:49
Dapper
Anyone heard these yet? I have Sound Center w/ Sonar Essential, and have upgraded to Dimension Pro. I'm wondering if the Sound Center expansion packs will give me good sounds that I don't already have. Like, is the Steinway Piano pack better than any pianos in DimPro?
2011/02/18 10:02:04
superdan54
I'm quite interested in the World Expansion pack. 109 programs for $19.95 isn't too bad at all! However, it'd be nice to get a list of the different programs and a few demos to boot!
2011/02/18 15:41:43
Adji
I too am looking at the World Instruments add on, anyone any experience?

Cakewalk guys, will there be any video demos soon?
2011/02/19 06:55:07
Glyn Barnes
Is there anything really new here? Unless I am missing somthing they look like the DSF Dimension Pro expansion packs repackaged to me (at a better price point).
2011/02/19 07:08:38
Dapper
Yeah, I was wondering about the World Instruments, too. I just bought the E-MU Proteus Planet Earth pack, so I'd hate to buy this World Instruments pack only to find out it's a smaller subset of the same programs. I did notice that the World Instruments pack lists "Russian strings" among the sounds, and I've not seen that description in the Proteus pack. We just need more info.
2011/02/19 14:29:33
timswartz
Hi All,

A brief description of our new Digital Sound Factory Cakewalk Sound Center Packs.

These libraries are designed specifically for playback in Cakewalk Sound Center (CSC). Each pack has been created using selected .sfz files from DSF Volumes 1-13 and organized by instrument/genre type.

·        Dimension owners who have previously purchased DSF Volumes 1-13 will already have access to these .sfz files and more.

·        Proteus Pack owners do not and will enjoy all new content.

But there are a few differences!

CSC features dedicated software knobs that can be assigned via MIDI CC#’s. This allowed us to create real time control configurations – such as filter amount, resonance, LFO amounts, etc. and give users control via the front panel GUI.

An example is  – Vintage Synth – Knob 1 = Cutoff, Knob 2 = Resonance, Knob 3= LFO to Pan Amt, Knob 4= Attack, and so on.

Each pack includes MIDI files for auditioning the sounds and double as a great starting point for composition -  well worth the price of admission.

There will be a free example demo pack coming soon.

Hope this clears things up and thank you for your interest.

Best Regards,

Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2011/02/20 08:28:11
Dapper
Wow, thanks, Tim! That's exactly the info I was looking for.
2011/02/20 13:42:32
Adji
Thanks for clearing that up Tim. 
I have Dimension Pro (which came free with X1 Producer) does this include these sample packs 1-13? Apologies for the 'noob' question I am very new to Sonar.
2011/02/20 16:54:16
timswartz
Adji

I have Dimension Pro (which came free with X1 Producer) does this include these sample packs 1-13? Apologies for the 'noob' question I am very new to Sonar.

Hi Adji,

Welcome to Sonar!!!

DSF Volume 2 - Classic Keys is the only DSF volume included with X1. DSF Cakewalk Sound Center Vintage Keys is a scaled back version of this volume, but as I previously mentioned, it includes the real time control knobs and MIDI files. These added features make all the CSC packs unique.

Best Regards,
Tim
2011/02/21 19:43:02
sanelso2
timswartz

Adji

Hi Adji,

Welcome to Sonar!!!

DSF Volume 2 - Classic Keys is the only DSF volume included with X1. DSF Cakewalk Sound Center Vintage Keys is a scaled back version of this volume, but as I previously mentioned, it includes the real time control knobs and MIDI files. These added features make all the CSC packs unique.

Best Regards,
Tim

Hey Tim,

What would be really cool is if DSF factory could port all of the Dimension Pro sounds (except the out of tune bass and choir sounds of course), Rapture, and other CW instruments into CSC. 

I really love the idea of CSC, but having access to the majority of sounds I use DP and other synths for would really increase it's utility for me.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account