2011/02/22 00:06:19
superdan54
Tim,

Thanks for the info, so is it safe to assume then that the CSC World Instruments Expansion will contain a subset of DSF 06 - Old World?
2011/02/22 15:05:35
timswartz
superdan54

Tim,

Thanks for the info, so is it safe to assume then that the CSC World Instruments Expansion will contain a subset of DSF 06 - Old World?

I have to somewhat re tract my statement from above. CSC World Instruments actually became a hybrid between Old World and Planet Earth. We tried to round it out so that it was as comprehensive as possible for the Sound Center user. So the answer is yes.

These sets were designed with the Sound Center user in mind. Those who are using the DSF Dimension Packs will find duplicate sfz's. The difference is the Sound Center programs use the MIDI and controller features. Think of these packs as subsets of the larger compressive DSF Volumes.
Again, thanks everyone for your interest.
Best Regards,
Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2011/02/22 15:45:45
Guitarhacker
I bought both the Steinway and the World packs.

Steinway sounds good. several different pianos included.... the grands all sound similar and the sound is tweekable.

I'm having problems getting World to work.... so far no joy on the world pack. cake's tech support sent one email and that didn't solve the problem.

2011/02/23 06:48:42
Dapper
As I said above, I already have Planet Earth. I really like ethnic sounds, so I'm thinking of just getting the DSF Old World Instruments for DimPro. I'm still wondering about the Steinway Grand Piano Sound Center Expansion Pack - is it a much better piano than anything else that already comes with Sonar X1?
2011/02/24 19:27:21
J-A-G
Hi Tim,

Just an FYI..not sure if you can do anything about it but the free Sound Center Instruments Examples Pack that was released to X1 owners today has an issue when you try to download from Cakewalk web site.

If I look at the file type before I click save when I download the Sound Center Instruments Examples...... it says "unknown file type 24.5MB".  There was an earlier post in the X1 forum regarding this. Once downloaded it shows as the same...file type unknown. This does not happen with the free Rapture download that was also released alongside this today. Other users are experiencing the same thing. 

Thanks

2011/02/24 20:30:07
Guitarhacker
I really like the Steinway sound..... its pretty organic..... not so sterile sounding like my Kontakt piano..... all of the piano's are tweakable, with bass mid and high tone and velocity and resonance and FX knobs.....

The steinway pack loaded up fine on my main DAW..... the world pack is giving me fits.... it loaded on the second try in my lappy but still has not been successfully loaded into the main DAW.  Still working on it with the cakewalk support team.
2011/02/24 22:04:37
timswartz
Meno

Hi Tim,

Just an FYI..not sure if you can do anything about it but the free Sound Center Instruments Examples Pack that was released to X1 owners today has an issue when you try to download from Cakewalk web site.

If I look at the file type before I click save when I download the Sound Center Instruments Examples...... it says "unknown file type 24.5MB".  There was an earlier post in the X1 forum regarding this. Once downloaded it shows as the same...file type unknown. This does not happen with the free Rapture download that was also released alongside this today. Other users are experiencing the same thing. 

Thanks

It sounds as if the files did not get compressed properly for IE. I have forwarded your post to the appropriate people at CW and the problem should be resolved in the morning.

Thanks for your patience.

Tim

2011/02/25 09:06:07
pryan
Just rename the file as an .exe, that did the trick for me :)

2011/02/25 14:47:45
J-A-G
pryan

Just rename the file as an .exe, that did the trick for me :)

Yes...this is what I did and that worked fine. A customer should not have to even think about this though.

Thanks pryan
2011/02/25 14:49:36
J-A-G
timswartz

Meno

Hi Tim,

Thanks

It sounds as if the files did not get compressed properly for IE. I have forwarded your post to the appropriate people at CW and the problem should be resolved in the morning.

Thanks for your patience.

Tim

Thank you for replying and for notifying Cakewalk...really appreciate it. I am sure Cakewalk appreciates it too. :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account