2011/03/02 11:19:19
Kauchy
Hi - I've found a great sound in Rapture LE which I'm trying to record but once recording starts the sound fragments and I can't reproduce it. I'm using a midi track, keyboard is a Roland SH201, into Rapture LE on a Sonar LE 8.5 platform. Other sounds I've set down have been fine. Any ideas please? Is it latency, is it quantisation, is it me? Thanks.
2011/03/02 12:47:23
AT
Try recording the midi with another synth and then copy/paste to Rapture.  Freeze the track - which is a non-realtime operation.  It sounds like you are overstressing your system w/ Rapture inline.
2011/03/03 08:55:26
Kauchy
Thanks AT. In hindsight what I should have said is the sound fragments as soon as I enter recording mode as opposed  to playback after recording ---- if that makes sense.... Thanks again.
2011/03/03 10:17:15
AT
Rapture itself starts to "fragment" when in recording mode?  It plays fine in play mode (including after recording it)?  strange.  Give us your specs - computer, card, DAW, etc.

@
2011/03/05 05:40:40
Kauchy
Hi AT - yep - as soon as I press Record the particular midi sound I'm trying to record changes and I can't replicate it. If I come out of Record then I get the sound back. It's really weird because I'm having great fun with other stuff without a problem (and more complex, layered sounds). I'm using a Packard Bell with shed loads of memory, Windows 7 and ASIO sound card. Maybe it's just me and my understanding of what I can and can't do. The particular 'record' I'm trying to get is part of a sound called Massive Sine Invasion. I can hammer on hammer off and get a really nice short sequence but as soon as I arm the track I can't get it..... Anyway thanks again. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account