2011/03/04 01:59:58
UglyTruth
Hello All.

Noob here. Really read and tinkered with the Sonar x1 instructions, and my akai mpk mini instruction manual, no luck.

Basically all I want to do is "rearrange" the drum set I selected. Or change the layout on my controller. For example, I selected the "SI Drum Kit- Re Pitched Kit". Great. I have 8 drum pads on my Akai controller, but there are 12 sounds this kit makes. To access the other sounds all I have to do is hit the "Bank 2" button. Cool. But I want some of the sounds, ex. bass drum, to be on "Bank 1", so I can play these and record. How can I do this? . Is that a function of the software or the controller? Im leaning toward software but I've tried both. Thanks for the help.
2011/03/04 10:46:48
AT
I dont' have enough info to help, since I'm unfamiliar with the Akai.  I would think the Akai would have software with it to rearrange the midi numbers of the pads.

I would guess that SI can rearrange midi numbers, too, tho I haven't messed with it too much.  Either way, the midi number assignment is a given with drums, so you will need to be able to switch back to the normal Bank 1.

Another option is to make a second pass w/ the Akai with Bank 2 engaged.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account