2011/02/14 22:46:11
M@ B
hello,
does the sonar x1pe documentation have lists of the patches/programs for each of the soft synths that come with x1pe?
thanks.
2011/02/15 12:21:46
M@ B
this apparently seems to be a silly question, but i can't find a list of patches anywhere except in the synths themselves.
i have used the synth's name as an index search word and looked around in the obvious places and haven't found anything.

am i missing something?
thanks
2011/02/15 12:28:13
Chregg
you'll not find synth patch names in the documentation, dont think any program does that, has to be the synth mate !!
2011/02/15 13:11:57
M@ B
kinda makes it tough to know what you've got on hand.
hardware synths/tone generators listed this info in the user manual.
i consider this to be essential, other wise, ten synth's worth of patches must be committed to memory.

that's bogus and corner cutting.

2011/02/15 17:49:35
S.Wallis
You could download the free Kore 2 Player. It will take a LOOOOONG time to set up all of the sounds, but once you do, you can use Kore 2 Player to search for your presets by instrument category - such as bass, synth, plucked strings, wind instruments, etc... or by Timbre - such as hard, fat, soft, metallic, etc... Or you can search the VST - such as Rapture, Dim Pro etc...

Like i said though, it takes a hell of a long time to set up. I spent literally a whole day going through Cakewalk instruments presets and categorising them inside Kore 2. I have Komplete 7 which came automatically set up for Kore 2.

It's very tedious setting it up as you've got to go through literally thousands of sounds one at a time and then decide which categories to include them in. But it's well worth it as you only have to do it once and it's set up for life. I've slowly been adding 3rd party VSTs over time, so now if i need a specific sound i can search for it inside Kore 2.

2011/02/15 21:24:05
M@ B
seems to be a bit more complicated than looking at a list.
what was the thinking behind omitting the patch list?
it makes no sense to me. was it too much work to include it or something? well it's a lot more work to find stuff w/o it. now you have to open the synth to see what in it and if you don't find what you need, you've got to open another, and so on, instead of just having lists in you hand for each to refer to and cross reference. people complain about an extra click here and there slowing down their work flow, well what about this? whatever...
2011/02/16 09:46:59
Teksonik
M@ B

That's because they only shipped with 128 presets.....................

There are hundreds of presets that could be added to Z3ta+ and Rapture's libraries and more are created all the time. How do you expect a DAW owners manual to keep track of them all? As for the factory presets there's just too many to list?

I'm afraid you'll have to do your own housekeeping...............yea I know bogus.  Take a screenshot of every bank for Zeta+ for example and print it out..................

2011/02/16 11:10:41
M@ B
Teksonik

M@ B

That's because they only shipped with 128 presets.....................

There are hundreds of presets that could be added to Z3ta+ and Rapture's libraries and more are created all the time. How do you expect a DAW owners manual to keep track of them all? As for the factory presets there's just too many to list?

I'm afraid you'll have to do your own housekeeping...............yea I know bogus.  Take a screenshot of every bank for Zeta+ for example and print it out..................
then the manufacturers of the synths should at least have a list on their web site with the patches that the synths ship with. if they wanted to go the extra mile, they could update the list. if i/we can take screen shots and print them or do something like what swallis proposed in the post above, they can keep a list that much easier. i don't think this is an unreasonable expectation. i think it's laziness on the part of the manufacturers.

2011/02/16 11:31:41
AT
Most synths ship with their libraries organized into types:  drums, synths, strings etc.  But the names leave something to be desired as  far as using fitting them in the song.  I can't see the use of perusing a hard copy that lists 64 string variations.  The only way is to listen to enough of the choices to find one that works.

@
2011/02/16 12:07:15
M@ B
here's a for instance, i spent quite a while looking through the included synths for a female "ooh" vocal and finally found one (not a great one either) in the  cakewalk tts1. i don't know if there is another one somewhere else because i got tired of looking for a needle in a haystack and just took what i could find.

there were a couple of really good female "aahs" in dim pro, but no "oohs."

so in that sense, a viewable list that doesn't require opening the synth would prevent a lot of wasted time and frustration.

i can see this recurring on a regular basis.

if a daw or synth manufacturer (or both in this case) is looking for ways to improve workflow...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account