2007/04/25 10:04:54
RJN
Thank you Andrew. That is exactly what I did. Everything is working as it should. Sorry about my confusion (best I not comment any more -- before it starts to spread to innocent bystanders)
2007/04/25 10:07:48
Andrew Rossa

ORIGINAL: Karlhammond

ORIGINAL: RJN

That's right, an email address to download. When the patch installs it reads the serial number from the registry, you agree to the EULA and it completes the installation. However when P5v 2.5 runs the first time after the patch it asks for the registration code and gives you the 30-day evaluation message. So help with my memory here -- there wasn't a registration code for P5v2 was there? Go on the Cakewalk site for "I lost my registration code" -- it asks for what product, and the drop down list shows everything except Project 5. Maybe we'll all be getting one in tomorrows' e-mail message?

After all that we get a 30 trial period for software that has been proven to be legitimate, sorry I dont get it

All you are doing in essence is registering Project5 Version 2.5. We now require this for all products (you did not have to register V.2). Once you register, we will have a record of your serial number for 2.5 along with the product registration code. Should you ever need the reg. code again, we can give it to you.
2007/04/25 10:10:31
Goseba

ORIGINAL: Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]

ORIGINAL: Goseba

That's right, an email address to download. When the patch installs it reads the serial number from the registry, you agree to the EULA and it completes the installation. However when P5v 2.5 runs the first time after the patch it asks for the registration code and gives you the 30-day evaluation message. So help with my memory here -- there wasn't a registration code for P5v2 was there? Go on the Cakewalk site for "I lost my registration code" -- it asks for what product, and the drop down list shows everything except Project 5. Maybe we'll all be getting one in tomorrows' e-mail message?

I have a registration code for V2 but it did not get accepted for V2.5
I am sure the message box said that the evaluation period was over but I was still able to use 2.5 opening, saving and save as'ing (new term there) in the 2 minutes I had to try it before work.

It should not be saying that the evaluation period is over for V2.5. When you install P5 V2.5, and get to the serial number stage (where you enter name, company, SN), manually enter the number you received in the Version 2 box. Then continue the install. When you get to the complete registration box after you first launch V2.5, you will see the SN autofilled, click register and register the serial number. You should get an email with an activation code. Use that to complete the registration from your software.

My DAW is not connected to the internet, will this cause a problem?

I didn't have to enter the serial number, but it was automatically filled in at the registration box at start up.
2007/04/25 10:17:27
Andrew Rossa

I have a registration code for V2 but it did not get accepted for V2.5
I am sure the message box said that the evaluation period was over but I was still able to use 2.5 opening, saving and save as'ing (new term there) in the 2 minutes I had to try it before work.

It should not be saying that the evaluation period is over for V2.5. When you install P5 V2.5, and get to the serial number stage (where you enter name, company, SN), manually enter the number you received in the Version 2 box. Then continue the install. When you get to the complete registration box after you first launch V2.5, you will see the SN autofilled, click register and register the serial number. You should get an email with an activation code. Use that to complete the registration from your software.

My DAW is not connected to the internet, will this cause a problem?

I didn't have to enter the serial number, but it was automatically filled in at the registration box at start up.

If you are not connected to the internet, you have to call in and register. Or if you can, connect to the internet, but I know a lot of people don't run internet on music machines.
2007/04/25 10:17:37
Ognis
And for people like me without net access on my daw, I will have to - what - completly install p5 on this machine, update it, register it, wait on an email, get the code, uninstall it from here, copy each letter of the code to a peice of paper with hopes that i get it right, then go to my daw, open it, then update it, enter this code, then finish the update ? well forget that, i just wont install the damn thing. cant I just call you people on the phone or something and you give me the code there, rather than making me jump though hoops like some crippled circus puppy...
2007/04/25 10:20:51
Andrew Rossa

ORIGINAL: Ognis

And for people like me without net access on my daw, I will have to - what - completly install p5 on this machine, update it, register it, wait on an email, get the code, uninstall it from here, copy each letter of the code to a peice of paper with hopes that i get it right, then go to my daw, open it, then update it, enter this code, then finish the update ? well forget that, i just wont install the damn thing. cant I just call you people on the phone or something and you give me the code there, rather than making me jump though hoops like some crippled circus puppy...

I am not even sure what process you think we would have you go through, but you can just call too :)

And so I am clear, install the update only once...when you call and give us the serial number you got for Version 2, we will give you back a reg code which can be used to complete the registration.
2007/04/25 10:21:11
syrath
AFAIK the process is no different from most other challenge and response. Its certainly easier to do than Native Instruments way of doing things. Especially if you are like me and your system is constantly in a flux of operating systems.
2007/04/25 10:24:01
Goseba

I am not even sure what process you think we would have you go through, but you can just call too :)

And so I am clear, install the update only once...when you call and give us the serial number you got for Version 2, we will give you back a reg code which can be used to complete the registration.

Can I email the serial number, if so where to? Cheaper than phoning from the UK.
2007/04/25 10:30:09
Andrew Rossa

Can I email the serial number, if so where to? Cheaper than phoning from the UK.

You don't need do this from the computer that you run the DAW from. So I assume you have internet access now...just go here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/register/default.asp?LID=3&PID=CWP5200

Then type in the serial number from Version 2 and make sure you include a valid email, and you will get your reg code. Then when you get home, just pop it in when you launch the software.
2007/04/25 10:45:40
Ognis
Thanks for the help!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account