• Songs
  • "Rap" Hard Rock/Rap
2011/06/02 22:48:06
vechung
Hi All

With the risk of loosing all of you, here is something different.  It is a hardrock/rap piece with a touch of funk.  I have been working on it for a while and I still not happy with it and with my rap voice.  Maybe someone could loan me his voice?  Working on this piece for a while I tend to loose objectivity, so please give me some tips and pointers.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=9841718&q=hi&newref=1

Thanks
2011/06/02 23:22:41
Tap
I really like this. This has some real potential. The vocals work really well, maybe crisp them up a bit and take the guitar down just a smidgen ... and funk up the bass, (give it a little top end).  I can't remember the last time I heard a rocking guitar lead on a rap song ... Rappers  should do it more often!!!

2011/06/03 15:30:21
dlogan
Okay when I first saw this, I figured it had to read it wrong. Vicente doing rap??!!

Actually this works really well - more like punk rap. I like the vocals the way they are, except maybe add some ad-lib stuff towards the end. You could consider some "breakdown" sections on the arrangement of the instruments - like have a couple of measures with just the beat and choppy palm-mute guitar, for example. Or everything drops out for a bass fill, etc.  But it's off to a great start!
2011/06/03 21:40:08
alkie
Wow I wouldn`t call this Rap Rock...Makes me feel like it should be PUNKFUNKROCK...It`s cool, and your voice has more of a punk feel to it and I like it.
2011/06/03 23:49:04
rockinrobby
it would help to post the lyrics. An interesting diversion from what you've done before. 
2011/06/04 09:41:03
vechung
Hi All

Tap I just uploaded a new version with the eq changes.
Dave that is a cool suggestion.  Let me play with it and find the right spot for it. 
Alkie thanks for listening and for liking it.
Rockinrobby I have posted the lyrics in the song page. It is a poem from the 1830s.  http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9841718

2011/06/04 17:23:29
Beagle
hey vincent - this is not bad!  the vocals are being overpowered by the electric guitar and bass in some places.  you've also got a lot of sibilance in the vox.

good stuff
2011/06/04 20:21:51
whack
love the instrumentation vechung, and would second the guys, vox is drowned a little and would defo include a  break down section with just a beat, a few bass line hits and some light funky rythm guitar.

Good job.
2011/06/04 20:34:24
thepogue
yea man...this grroves!...you GOT the vox dude!!...good for you! I'd like to hear you pull the vox out a bit more...nice...I really like this tune!!....

rock me brudda!!!!
2011/06/05 10:20:34
BIABDude
more CHILI PEPPERS then TUPAC !   + + + 1

your music flows - - rap the music is more choppy and your vox is very smooth need more yelling.

You wrote a gret funk tune
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account