• Coffee House
  • Bapu's (and others) random thoughts for the day. (p.4189)
2015/07/17 12:50:25
ampfixer
It's from a TV series about extreme fishing. I believe the show is called river monsters. Those fish have killed people, in particular there was a story about a guy who had his junk removed while having a wash in the river.

By the way, it has holes in its jaw between the teeth. That's where the opposite teeth go when it closes its mouth.

Bayou Bill lives down by the river, we should ask him about it.
2015/07/17 13:08:46
Mesh
ampfixer
It's from a TV series about extreme fishing. I believe the show is called river monsters. Those fish have killed people, in particular there was a story about a guy who had his junk removed while having a wash in the river.

By the way, it has holes in its jaw between the teeth. That's where the opposite teeth go when it closes its mouth.

Now that you mentioned it John, I do remember watching River Monsters a few times.......of course, never saw this episode.
I did watch a story about some fish that swamp up someone's "urine stream"......ouch....ouch.....cringe......ouch...ouch!!

2015/07/17 13:25:52
Bert Guy
Mesh
ampfixer

Now that you mentioned it John, I do remember watching River Monsters a few times.......of course, never saw this episode.
I did watch a story about some fish that swamp up someone's "urine stream"......ouch....ouch.....cringe......ouch...ouch!!

Yikes!!
2015/07/17 13:33:05
Bert Guy
Mesh
ampfixer

Mesh: is this Schistosoma Haematobium ?
2015/07/17 13:40:08
bapu
Mesh

Prehistoric version of Bapu and Mooch?
2015/07/17 13:45:03
Mesh
bapu
Mesh

Prehistoric version of Bapu and Mooch?

Certainly explains Mooch's itching problem....
2015/07/17 13:48:14
bapu
And the apparent lack of need of a bicycle seat.
2015/07/17 13:49:23
Mesh
Bert Guy
Mesh
ampfixer

Mesh: is this Schistosoma Haematobium ?

Not in the strictest definition.

More like:
Candiru (English and Portuguese or candirú in Spanish), Vandellia cirrhosa, also known as cañero, toothpick fish, or vampire fish, is a species of parasitic freshwater catfish in the family Trichomycteridae native to the Amazon Basin where it is found in the countries of Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru.

Candirus are small fish. Adults can grow to around 40 centimetres (16 in) with a rather small head and a belly that can appear distended, especially after a large blood meal. The body is translucent, making it quite difficult to spot in the turbid waters of its home. There are short sensory barbels around the head, together with short, backward pointing spines on the gill covers
2015/07/17 13:49:53
bayoubill
Freddy and the Freeloaders fred
2015/07/17 13:50:31
bapu
I'm a small fish in a VERY big pond.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account