2016/07/24 13:04:14
jamesg1213

2016/07/24 18:35:39
craigb

Going through Zebra's discography today.
2016/07/24 18:55:22
eph221
e pluribus unum.  I had a long controversy with one of my friends from college about whether musicians, on average were uglier than actors.  My position was that musicians were uglier.  I think that's true.  Don't you?  I mean really,  if you have musical talent you can look like kermit the frog and still be famous,  but as an actor you'd only get frog roles, right?  If you had a hunchback, there would be only one role for you, unless someone wrote another one.  Musicians can have hunchbacks, but if they can play Litzt flawlessly...well there you go!  Contrarily, I think people are skeptical of good looking musicians.  I've found that out the hard way.
2016/07/24 20:28:37
sharke
eph221
e pluribus unum.  I had a long controversy with one of my friends from college about whether musicians, on average were uglier than actors.  My position was that musicians were uglier.  I think that's true.  Don't you?  I mean really,  if you have musical talent you can look like kermit the frog and still be famous,  but as an actor you'd only get frog roles, right?  If you had a hunchback, there would be only one role for you, unless someone wrote another one.  Musicians can have hunchbacks, but if they can play Litzt flawlessly...well there you go!  Contrarily, I think people are skeptical of good looking musicians.  I've found that out the hard way.

I dunno, it depends what country you're talking about. I would say that looks are more important in the US than they are in the UK, for instance. Look at British soap operas, half the actors have faces like a plumber's tool bag. Whereas in the States you wouldn't even be considered for a part unless you're cosmetic surgery'd from the eyeballs down. Same with news anchors and the like. 

As for musicians, well that depends on the genre. You're not going to get into a boy band with a face like a blind cobbler's thumb. Whereas the likes of Justin Bieber would not work in a band like Venom. 
2016/07/24 20:36:27
eph221
Boy bands have had an awfully long run.  That's why I like country music, it seems to be less influenced by (w)hor(e)mones.  And it's true, those cowboys are not not good looking (neither are the cowgirls).  But I meant on average.  There are very few ugly actors that are famous, but there are plenty of musicians.  PLENTY.  Anyways I have to start acting my age I'm afraid.  I guess I need to be less judgy. :D:D
2016/07/24 22:48:33
sharke
I found this list of "ugly actors" on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls007364212/

I dunno though, to me they're not especially ugly, they just have loads of character in their faces. 

Except Michael Moore. 
2016/07/24 23:37:02
craigb
Kind of surprised with that list that Jack Nicholson didn't make it.

2016/07/25 06:34:52
Glyn Barnes
Having a Mostly Autumn morning after seeing them in concert last Friday
Dressed in Voices

2016/07/25 09:50:02
eph221
sharke
I found this list of "ugly actors" on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls007364212/

I dunno though, to me they're not especially ugly, they just have loads of character in their faces. 

Except Michael Moore. 

Michael Moore looks like the union organizer at the rock quarry on the Flintstones.
2016/07/25 11:38:43
Glyn Barnes
More Mostly Autumn Distant Train & Questioning Eyes

From 2011 when Panic Room's Ann Marie Helder and Gavin Griffiths on flute/keyboards and drums respectivly.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account