2018/12/18 01:32:03
abacab
So I'm looking at ST4 SE for $72, ST4 for $122, and ST4 Max for $172.  Decisions, decisions...
2018/12/18 12:15:24
ZincTrumpet
I found an IKM Forum post relating to ST4 which may be of interest:

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20046 

2018/12/19 00:17:29
Fleer
Thanks ZT.
2018/12/19 10:27:47
BassDaddy
Fleer
Come to think of it, still have to test drive my Sonik Synth.

Say hi to 2004 for me.
2018/12/19 15:38:53
IK_Multimedia
BassDaddy
Grem
Well I made the plunge. Now I gotta install that 1TB SSD I got sitting on the desk.

A purchase you just can't regret

I was thinking to myself "a 1TB SSD just sitting there?" then realized I had recently unwrapped something I could not identify and found the new processor I should have installed MONTHS ago so I cannot throw stones!
2018/12/19 15:40:09
IK_Multimedia
LAGinz25
Will ST4 have the ability to convert and use ST2 files, the way ST3 does?

You would need to import the legacy libraries into SampleTank 3 and you can point SampleTank 4 to your ST3 library location.  Note that you will also be able to (finally - oops sorry for the editorial, hopefully nobody here @ IK is reading) specify multiple library locations.
2018/12/19 16:03:17
BobF
IK_Multimedia
LAGinz25

You would need to import the legacy libraries into SampleTank 3 and you can point SampleTank 4 to your ST3 library location.  Note that you will also be able to (finally - oops sorry for the editorial, hopefully nobody here @ IK is reading) specify multiple library locations.

Multiple locations is a helpful addition.

2018/12/19 16:34:40
IK_Multimedia
BobF
IK_Multimedia
LAGinz25

Multiple locations is a helpful addition.

That's a nicer way of stating my "FINALLY" sentiment :)  I know it probably came off like this, but wasn't really this strongly felt:

2018/12/19 18:08:22
Grem
IK_Multimedia

I was thinking to myself "a 1TB SSD just sitting there?"

Peter, I have my Music PC sitting inside of a box-like place under a section of my desk. To get to it is not an easy task. Putting it back in is even harder!! But I did this to help with keeping the noise down when I record vocals. As it stands now, I have never noticed my computer noise on a recording. But I have problems with the TV being picked up downstairs, lawnmowers next door! Everything I can't control!!

And when I got the SSD it was on sale, I was gonna use it as a system drive because I was having trouble getting what I wanted on the 250gb drive without running out of space. But now with recent purchases, (BiaB Ultra, TS MAX!) I will probably need it as a sample drive!!

Which still leaves me with my system drive not being up to what I need. So all this to explain I still really need to get a 500gb SSD for the system drive. And I don't want to pull the PC out until I get everything I need because of the hassle to do it.

But everyone keeps having great sales and I keep putting off getting that new system drive.  Do you see my delima?!!!

BTW, in case you ain't figured it out yet, that SSD is still sitting there!!

But a processor!! You forgot ABOUT??!!! Come on man, what's wrong with you!! LOL : )
2018/12/19 21:27:59
IK_Multimedia
Grem
IK_Multimedia

I was thinking to myself "a 1TB SSD just sitting there?"

Peter, I have my Music PC sitting inside of a box-like place under a section of my desk. To get to it is not an easy task. Putting it back in is even harder!! But I did this to help with keeping the noise down when I record vocals. As it stands now, I have never noticed my computer noise on a recording. But I have problems with the TV being picked up downstairs, lawnmowers next door! Everything I can't control!!

And when I got the SSD it was on sale, I was gonna use it as a system drive because I was having trouble getting what I wanted on the 250gb drive without running out of space. But now with recent purchases, (BiaB Ultra, TS MAX!) I will probably need it as a sample drive!!

Which still leaves me with my system drive not being up to what I need. So all this to explain I still really need to get a 500gb SSD for the system drive. And I don't want to pull the PC out until I get everything I need because of the hassle to do it.

But everyone keeps having great sales and I keep putting off getting that new system drive.  Do you see my delima?!!!

BTW, in case you ain't figured it out yet, that SSD is still sitting there!!

But a processor!! You forgot ABOUT??!!! Come on man, what's wrong with you!! LOL : )

Hey, c'mon I was admitting I was wrong in thinking that for even a second!!! :)   But yeah.  Forgetting a processor is shameful, I don't know how you all get me to open up about my own stupidity sometimes.

Seriously, though, I totally understand your line of thinking / chain of events.  So hauntingly familiar to me and probably most of the folks here.  It gets crazy and I also should note that no stones can be thrown over this topic during this time of the year because it is just bonkers.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account